What a day!! Jaden is 3 and a BIG boy- potty training, out of the "terrible 2's", riding a "real" bike, and now costs a ticket to most places (dang it)!! I love him so much and all the personality that comes with it. We had such a fun and crazy day.
This morning he got the blue bike that he's been asking for. The only downer was when he saw it he said, "But it's not a Go Diego bike." Maybe a Go Diego sticker will fix that problem.

I know it's not her b-day but I had to include the most patient baby of the day!! Poor little girl was neglected for a few hours while I got ready for Jaden's party. Thank goodness for a Grandma that saved her at the party!

We had a MESSY B-DAY Party!! I know, what was I thinking. This was the invitation (I know the writing is backwards, but I had to take a picture of it).
So this is how it went. When the kids came they got pictures of Jaden's face to draw on it and make it messy (this kept the kids attention for about oh 3 minutes- ahhh). Then it was pizza time.
When they were "done" they were then able to go fishing. This worked pretty well, minus the b-day boy trying to get in to swim and throwing other items a.k.a. rocks and plastic containers into the pool.

Next was Pin the Messy Face on Jaden. This worked pretty well, even though some kids had do desire to play, but that's okay!
Up next was the gem (at least I thought) FLUBBER!! This is that great gooey, slimy stuff (I have the recipe if any one wants it).
I guess the real HIT were the water balloons!! I was literally attacked by these crazy kids, wanting more and more and more balloons. We made a target on the fence for them to hit, but they wanted to just throw them at the fence. It was OUT of CONTROL, but sooo much fun! How do you like the "straight" line I had them in to take turns- oh well.
Opening presents was great! I'll leave it at that! To get everyone to sit down I gave out Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes. I had never seen these before, but a friend gave me the idea. You pour the cake batter into a cone and cook them for 20-25 minutes. Super easy and no paper that makes a mess (I know, ironic for a Messy Party). They just eat the whole thing.
You can kind of see the cones in the white dishes.
Last was the b-day cake and singing. I tried to make this cupcake cake thing that looked super easy on the back of the Betty Crocker box, let's just say, I'm no Betty. Oh well, it looks good from a distance!
We had such a great time and I know Jaden was in heaven. He kept telling me his favorite thing were the water balloons, until this present appeared from Grandpa and Grandma a BOW!! Watch out Bambi, or should I say Bradli, we have another hunter in the family! Don't worry the arrows have rubber suction cups on the end. I guess turning 4 will require real arrows!
TO BE CONTINUED. . .
13 comments:
You are a good mom. You look fantastic--as ever. And I laughed because you said that now that he's three he costs a ticket. Don't they cost a ticket when they're two? Have you been taking advantage of your child's smallness?
shauna- what a cute bday party for mr jaden. how fun! and i LOVE bradli's blue eyes...so pretty!
There is only one word to describe you as a person, friend, mother and wife: "AWESOME!!"
Bird nice shirt did you get that at hot topic? Wet Seal?
So now Jaden sleeps in a soccer uniform holding a bow
-shagglemonster-
I am literally speechless. What a party! I cannot believe some of the stuff you came up with - you should have your own MTV show, my super sweet #3. Can I seriously rent you to throw my children's birthday parties? And include all your cute friends and neighbors. Happy Birthday you handsome devil!
Whatever Betty Crocker. yes you are. And a hot mama too. Moms like you make moms like me look really boring when it comes to birthdays.
Happy Birthday to Jaden! Looks like a great party (we were at his 1st and 2nd b-day...so sad we had to miss the 3rd). He's so grown up riding his bike. We just watched the first episode of amazing race and Will said, "I bet Shauna loves the New York couple." I then showed Will your blog where you quoted them! My favorite was, "she was talking to everyone else, but I wanted her to hold me and engage me." Wish we could still watch it with you guys and the Office. Glad you are doing well, Bradly is such a cutie!
popular kid. look at that crowd. like momma like baby.
oh really? haha i want to see a picture!
jadens "messy" bday party was such a cute idea!
Happy Birthday Jaden! You are such a big boy. Shauna, I love that game and I love the mess. I can't believe you are having a party with "friends." I am not there yet. Good job mom.
Shauna, So I found your blog through Mehrsa's! How are you! YOur kids have gotten so big! They are adorable. How do you know the Fitch's, I'm friends with Heather. Mason is on Soren's soccer team. Small world.
sure looks like you know how to throw a party!! looked like fun!
What an awesome birthday! Everyone should enjoy their bdays this much. : )
Post a Comment