1. Jaden knows how to print (in color) so we've gone through a lot of ink and paper while I'm taking a shower.
Thanks Olivia!
Thanks Olivia!

2. I have always been a huge basketball fan. I loved to watch the games with my Dad. I still remember laying on the floor watching the NCAA Tournament with my Dad when Chris Weber (thanks Cara) called a timeout when they didn't have one. They lost the game. Right now all of these memories are coming back because of the NBA Finals. I like college b-ball way better than the NBA but have always loved the Lakers.
I think it was about 4th grade or so when I was a huge Laker fan. I loved Byron Scott, James Worthy, Kareem, Pat Riley, the one white guy Kurt Rambus, and my man Magic!!! I remember going to my best friend Lindsay's house and thinking her Mom was so cool because she had a Magic Johnson apron. I wanted one.
One day everything changed. I was drinking a Sprite. No it wasn't a Sierra Mist, but a good old fashioned Sprite. I thought this was destiny because if you know me, I hate soda and never drink it. Well, on the back of the 2 liter bottle was an entry form to win a day of playing one-on-one basketball with Magic. You better believe I cut that form off and mailed it in. I literally checked the mail every day hoping to find something saying that I would get to play b-ball with Magic. It never came. I wonder if anyone got to play him??? I'm jealous!

Here's to the Lakers beating the Denver Nuggets in the Western Conference Finals!! I'm going to be hated here- oh well!
P.S. Does anyone else remember when the Lakers were playing the Pistons and Magic kissed Isiah Thomas?? I always thought that was soo weird.
P.P.S. This was really random, I know!
I think it was about 4th grade or so when I was a huge Laker fan. I loved Byron Scott, James Worthy, Kareem, Pat Riley, the one white guy Kurt Rambus, and my man Magic!!! I remember going to my best friend Lindsay's house and thinking her Mom was so cool because she had a Magic Johnson apron. I wanted one.
One day everything changed. I was drinking a Sprite. No it wasn't a Sierra Mist, but a good old fashioned Sprite. I thought this was destiny because if you know me, I hate soda and never drink it. Well, on the back of the 2 liter bottle was an entry form to win a day of playing one-on-one basketball with Magic. You better believe I cut that form off and mailed it in. I literally checked the mail every day hoping to find something saying that I would get to play b-ball with Magic. It never came. I wonder if anyone got to play him??? I'm jealous!
Here's to the Lakers beating the Denver Nuggets in the Western Conference Finals!! I'm going to be hated here- oh well!
P.S. Does anyone else remember when the Lakers were playing the Pistons and Magic kissed Isiah Thomas?? I always thought that was soo weird.
P.P.S. This was really random, I know!
6 comments:
Are you sure you aren't talking about chris weber calling the time out? I don't remember danny manning?? You mailed in something to play against Magic?? I never knew that!! Pretty funny!!! Love the old school Lakers, Byron was my man!! Maybe you should eat chicken nuggets the next week because the Lakers will be eating them.....HA!!! (I know, pretty lame!!! But true!!)
YEA LAKERS! I know the feeling of being the only Lakers fan in the area, my Jazz friends loved to chew me out . . . but I don't have to say much when my winning team says enough!! I wish I could watch the games here - you will have to cheer twice as hard for me!
When I was in DC before my New Jersey friend always talked basketball, I was clueless. When it came to Lakers he always referred to some sort of bandwagon (ha ha!) All I know is that when it comes to east vs west, you always root for west, it's just the way it goes! Now I know what to get you for your b-day next year, although wouldn't a Mark Madsen apron be even cooler?
I forgot to say how much I love those 2 kiddos laughing in the video below :) I wish it was longer!
First of all- your blog is not random it was finally meant for the haggle audience.
Second- even worse than being a laker fan in denver is being one in Utah.
Just keep reminding those chicken nugget fans that their team is full of thugs
lol....you're officially in that "child has learned how to print in color" stage, huh. Oh ya, stock up on lots of ink and paper for sure. and scotch tape. those three things are gone before you can blink around here :)
Post a Comment