Hudson Reed Brown

Born on December 27th at 1:25pm
7 lb. 5 oz. and 20 in. long
This was by far the best delivery I have ever had. It was sooo exciting not knowing the sex, even though we both thought it was going to be a boy. I had the exact same labor as I had with Jaden- all in my back, so when Doug said, "It's a boy!" I thought, "well of course". Before we knew Bradli was a girl, we had the name Hudson picked if she was a boy, so we have always had the name Hudson on our mind. I really wanted his middle name to be after my Grandpa Ernie Reed who passed away in 2008. His b-day was on the 24th, so to honor him, we decided to give Hudson Reed as his middle name. It fits him perfectly and I really think my Grandpa would be pleased. We hope Hudson has many of my Grandpa's wonderful qualities, like his love of life and family.
The ERNIE REED

Oh and BTW, Hudson looks exactly like Jaden but with less hair-CRAZY!! The kids were a little nervous seeing me in the hospital with my IV and all the other crazy gadgets, but warmed up rather quickly. I have quite the little helper on my hands. Bradli just loves Hudson and has been asking lots of questions. She wanted to know if he came with clothes and when my neighbor asked her, she said, "He came with jammies on." She can't get over how little he is and his black hair, since she tells everyone she has blonde hair. I won't even discuss her many questions when it comes to nursing the little guy- HILARIOUS!!

Jaden has been quite the big brother. In the hospital he would say, "What's that little guys name again?". We would tell him Hudson and then he would say, "Oh yeah, Hudson Reed Brown." He freaks out when Hudson opens his eyes, since he's usually asleep and loves to see his little hands and feet.

Doug's sister Monica and her family were in town for Christmas and were a wonderful help. Jaden and Bradli stayed with them at Grandma and Grandpa's house and had the best time. Uncle Joel was quite the trooper spending many hours building Legos with Jaden.


Marc and Karen saved us by taking the older kiddos for us while we were in the hospital. The kiddos had the best time. When we got home from the hospital, Doug got sick with the flu so Jaden and Bradli were off to Grandma and Grandpa's again. We were so thankful for their willingness to help us. Things were getting a little crazy with a sick Dad, a new baby, 2 very active kids, and a Mom feeling overwhelmed!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Marc and Karen for coming to our rescue.


My sister Lisa came to help for a few days which was beyond wonderful! She did come with some rules, like no crazy adventures, lots of sleeping for me, she would be cooking, and no leaving the house. Well, I listened to most of her rules, but did get her to go to Costco and a night out for dinner and a little shopping. Who says there's no bending of the rules??!!
My Mom comes tomorrow and we are super excited. She may be coming with some rules of her own, but once again, rules are made to be broken:)





18 comments:
CONGRATS!!! He is a doll face just like the rest! Glad everything went smoothlyl! How fun you didn't know the sex of the baby. Love the name Hudson too!
Congrats!! That's fantastic!
He's adorable, of course.
Nice work Shauna.
Lots of love to your family.
:)
Aja and Jonah
Congrats, congrats, congrats! He's adorable! Please don't get me started on how wrong it is that you left the hospital looking skinnier than ever. Can't wait to see you and little Hudson in Vegas.
Congrats again!!! he is such a cutie!!! we can't wait to meet him!
Shauna! Congrats! He is absolutely beautiful and I love, love the name. We didn't find out the sex of our third one either and it was a lot of fun. Your family could not be more adorable. Seriously, you are gorgeous. Miss you, friend!
Congrats! He is such a handsome little guys!
congratulations!! love the name and he is darling!! glad you've had so much help - it sure makes the transition to 3 easier!
Shauna - congratulations! He's adorable!!! I can't believe how much he does look like Jaden and I can't believe how good you look leaving the hospital. Are you sure you just had a baby?! :)
So excited to finally see pictures. You are right - he is a mini Jaden! So adorable! I concur with all the other comments, you look fantastic. Can't wait to see you and the babe in a few weeks!
What a cutie! Contests on number five, what a beautiful family!
So cute this new little person! He's adorable! Great pictures and now I like his name even more what a neat thing you have done to give him part of your grandpa's name. He'd be so proud and honored I'm sure.Congrats to the Brown family!
Oh so cute. I love seeing your family of 5! It's great. I'm glad you are getting lots of help.
Way to go Shauna, he's so cute! You look awesome and happy, so I hope life with three is treating you well. I love Jaden's comment about "what's that little guy's name again?" So funny!
I'm so glad you posted all of these pictures. Another gorgeous Brown Baby!!! And I was going to comment on how utterly fantastic you looked leaving the hospital but seeing as how everyone else has I don't want to give you a big head, just kidding:) You look amazing and I'm so happy for you!! Congrats on "little guy" Lots of love.
Finally! I have been checking daily. He is beautiful! It is so cute to see Jaden and Bradli with him too. Like everyone said, you look fantastic! I miss you so much and wish I could come hold that little guy. Love you guys.
Congrats! I have been waiting to hear about everything. I can NOT wait to see you and your skinny self in a few weeks. (Really...did you just have a baby? You look way too good.) Hope all is going well. He's beautiful.
Congrats! So cute! your family is gorgeous and you are looking way too hot to have just had a baby! Not fair. Have fun!
AHH!!! He's such a stud! Can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment