Sunday, January 16, 2011

Let's Pretend Christmas was Yesterday

Jaden and Bradli are supposed to be asleep (I can still hear them talking), my Mom is cuddling with Hudson, Doug is on a business trip in FL, so I thought I would play a little catch-up.  Is it weird that I can barely remember my life before Hudson, so I better remind myself about the wonderful Christmas we had before our little Hudson was born.

On the 23rd Doug's sister Monica and her family drove in from UT for Christmas.  That night we all went to Winter Wonderlights at the Wildlife Experience.  The kids loved seeing the reindeer and all the magical lights. 
On Christmas Eve we went over to Doug's parents house for dinner.  I would post some pics but Doug had the camera and all he did was take pics of us putting food in our mouths- not soooo pretty!!  We were surprised by a visit from Santa, which got the kids even more excited for the big day.


Jaden was all about Santa, while Bradli kept her distance.
Crew was not a fan of the man in the red suit.  Poor little guy!
After the Santa excitement we watched a DVD on Christ's Birth, acted out the Nativity with hand puppets, and then opened a couple gifts from Grandma and Grandpa.  
All the kids LOVED the snow globes they got.
Crew really loved his snow globe- YUM!!
New Christmas jammies.

That night, Jaden was very excited to leave a note for Santa with some cookies, chocolate milk, and carrots for the reindeer.

My favorite was the drill he left for the elves so they could open the glass on the fireplace.  He was very concerned that Santa wouldn't be able to get in the house otherwise.
We had a wonderful Christmas morning at our house and Santa did not disappoint!
My parents had Santa deliver Jaden's new Stampede gun.  Lucky him!  It came with 60 darts and weighs about as much as he does.
Jaden was sooooo excited every time he got a Lego.  Let the building begin!
Miss B was all about her Play-Doh.
After playing for a little while and getting dressed, we did iChat with my family as the kids opened gifts from each other.  Thank goodness for technology.  The next best thing to not being able to be with family.  Afterwards, we headed over to Doug's parents house for round 2.  The kids were excited to get to see Crew, their favorite little buddy.
Jaden loved his new Pillow Pet!
Grandma and Grandpa surprised B with a princess scooter that was quite a hit.  B would rather have Jaden drive her around, since she had a hard time not running into things- oops!!
The 3 kiddos took it for a wild ride around the basement.
The baby bump 2 days before the delivery.
Monica and Preggers
Papa Joel and Crew

We had a wonderful Christmas day and felt very blessed!  The blessings would continue as we would have Hudson on the 27th!!









5 comments:

Matt and Brooke said...

Looks like you guys had a fun christmas!! we finally got to see the infamous nerf gun! it's sweet! hope we get to see you soon!
p.s Matt did not ice skate:(

Audrey Crisp said...

So fun! Love the drill!! Hilarious!

Emily M said...

So great to see how your Christmas was. Loved Bradli's outfit with the red sweater and leggings! She is darling!
Hope you are doing well with the new baby :)

The Joslyn Family said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Hunter! I'm so glad it all went so well. He is beautiful!

Julie and Matt said...

Congratulations!!! We are so thrilled for you guys. Hudson is beautiful! I love the name too. I am preggo with a little man also and Hudson is one of the names we are thinking about. Hope your doing well with 3. I know I'm a bit nervous about that one. Take care!