I don't know how else to describe it, but it was NUTS-O around here. Doug had to go out of town for work for about 2 weeks when Hudson was about 2 weeks old, so my Super Mom came for reinforcements. I don't know what was going around in our house but Jaden was rather difficult, to put it lightly. Obviously, things were different with a new baby, a tired Mom, a gone Dad, and a Grandma helping call the shots, but man, it was NOT fun. Thank goodness it's been about a month since all of that so I can blog the positive highlights.
Hudson is the ultimate snuggler and we can't get enough. He loved cuddling up to my Mom and catching a few ZZZZZs amongst the craziness (about 3 weeks old).
We had some great weather so we hit the trails with all the kiddos. Hudson is all snuggled up in the jogger. I promise Jaden isn't squishing him.
This is how I would find our living room- a tea party, block building, and a newborn amongst it all. Can you find Hudson?
My Dad flew in for Hudson's Blessing weekend. We wanted to go bowling but the wait was FOREVER so we played in the arcade instead.
Bradli was quite the pro, punching down all of the ducks.
If you know my Mom, you know she doesn't mess around when it comes to Skee Ball. I think she developed the skill from her bowling pro boyfriend at BYU. Too bad Roger stole her heart, otherwise we might be a family that hung at the Bowling Alley sporting wrist guards and sweet bowling shirts.
After all the Skee Ball we could afford, we cruised the Mall for a bit. I can honestly say this was probably the 3rd time I have ever been to the Mall with my Dad. For being from a family of 5 girls, my Dad was able to avoid it. The one memory I do have was the day before 7th grade I needed a pair of jean shorts. My Dad sat out in front of Contempo Casuals (come on, you remember that store) while I found some very stylish shorts to hit Newhart Junior High looking good! Excuse the random tangent.
Bradli wishes she could live in Pottery Barn Kids. Go ahead, make yourself comfortable.
**Please excuse my unwashed, too short banged hair- ugh**
Anyways, enough of my vain-ness (so not a word). Hudson's baby blessing was just wonderful. I really don't think it could be described any other way. Doug was inspired and our little Hudson is one special little guy.
It meant so much to have both sets of Grandparents there for Hudson.
We invited our very special neighbors the Quezadas to share our special day with us. They have become some of our dearest friends and they can relate to the craziness- just look at Miss B.
Not the best pic of some of the spread but I had to showcase the amazing bread bowls my other neighbor Jennifer made. They were to die for!! My Mom and I made homemade soups. I made Chicken and Wild Rice and my Mom mimicked the most amazing soup we had from the White Chocolate Grill- Tomato Gin Soup (minus the gin). It was beyond mouth watering with fire roasted tomatoes, bacon, portobello mushrooms, and cream. No pic- dang it!!
Bradli, Julia, Abby, and Olivia waiting to be fed.
Grandma Karen with Hudson. . .
reminds me of Grandma Karen with Jaden.
Grandpa Roger with Hudson. . .
reminds me of Grandpa Roger with Jaden.
Hudson couldn't be yummier.
We are all in LOVE with the little guy!







7 comments:
I'll bet it was so crazy! Glad you had some help! He's such a cutie! Love all the fun crazy pics!
Very cute!!! Can't wait to meet him
SS
he's so cute! hopefully the craziness will calm down!!!
I LOVE your random tangents. Especially the one about your mom dating a pro bowler at BYU. good stuff! i don't know what it is about 3 kids but i feel like everyone i've talked to lately says the transition is crazy (which gives me more reason to hang out a little longer with 2 :)). That profile of Hudson and Jaden in their grandmas arms-- they look exactly the same!!
Heyman boys do not shop! I liked your tangents. I was laughing aloud. Hudson is so cute. I wish I could come pay you a visit!! Oh I just want to kiss those little cheeks.
you blogged! I"m so happy! That was a great pile of pictures and posts and a wonderful peak into the fab life of the Browns
Hudson is so cute, Shauna! What a doll. I'm glad you wrote about how crazy it is with a new baby because it's so true - absolutely nuts. But it gets better day by day, right? Love the blessing pictures - you look great. And your pictures/shelves are so cute. And the food looks like it was delicious.
Post a Comment