Where the heck have I been?? I can give a ton of excuses, but why, I'm back !! Now I guess I owe some explaining about The Chapped Lips. It's a real band, yeah right!! My friend Clairissa is in LOVE with Muse and decided to make a girls trip out of going to the concert in AZ. She is an incredible photographer and is a genius on the old Mac, so she had us do a photo shoot and make a video. We had the best time acting like rocker chicks and making dorks of ourselves filming the video. Clairissa then cut it together and put it on You Tube. I think we might be famous!!
Now, how do I know these rocker chicks?? We know each other from our ward in CO. The bummer is Clairissa has moved to Georgia and Kara moved back to CA. The ward has never been the same since! Erin and Susanne still live by me and are proud to be a member of The Chapped Lips. I hope this explained some of your questions, and yeah, I know we're NUTS!!!
What else has been going on? Here's a quick recap:The Young Women earned a trip up to Grand Lake and we had a blast!!

I said I would pay the 1st girl that jumped into the freezing cold lake $20.

Catherine made me pay up!

View from our hike.
Marc and Karen took us to the Rockies playoff game against the Padres. It was so exciting to be there when they won. You all know what has happened since that game, swept the D'Backs and got spanked my the Red Sox last night. Hopefully they will get their act together. As Jaden says, "Go Rocks!!"

I love Karen cheering behind Doug. Jaden was out of it. We didn't get home until midnight!
Now this past week my Mom came to visit!! We had the best time together. We stayed up in Breckenridge and went to Grand Lake. Fall has arrived and winter is just around the corner!
It was soooooo windy in Grand Lake!!

We had to make a CPK visit and even found some killer deals at Anthropologie!!

Jaden loved wearing Grandma's polka dot glasses!

Grandma played with Jaden outside while I got ready. When I came out, he was only wearing his onesie and boots. You got to love CO weather, one day snow and the next day it's 70!!!
WE MISS YOU GRANDMA!!!!
15 comments:
You look like you are FREEZING!!! We have an extra room in Arizona if you ever want to warm up (I was in flip flops and shorts today). You are so cute! I miss you. Love, Trisha
I'm so glad for the explanation. I was a little confused to be honest - but good times had by all! Jaden is too cute in those pictures. He's totally old! It goes by too fast! And lastly...how fun about the baseball game! Jay will be so jealous.
I don't know if you'll remember me...but I'm one of Heather's friends from BYU (Robin Dixon, now Garnica). My family and I are moving out to CO in a couple months. Your pictures made me so excited to see some real mountains again!!! It looks SO pretty out there!
Not sure genius is the right word. Maybe obsessed techno geek :) I miss you. What is snow? I've forgotten already. We're still in shorts and flip flops. I miss my band! xoxo
I love Jaden's long hair!!! It looks blonder.....I love the pictures of him in moms glasses!!
so glad we got to talk the other day...I know you are busy with the band and everything:> I can't wait to see Halloween pics!
Thank you, this made my morning! Keep Jaden's hair long will ya? I know those YW just love you. What did you order at CPK?
Fun! I love that you have a coat on in one picture and Jaden's pant-less with snow in the background in another. Crazy kid. Great pictures. Jaden is just too cute for words. Seriously.
By the way, thank you thank you for your way too kind baby gift.
Love Mehrsa and Lucia
I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. Glad to know you've been buys having so much fun. Jaden hair is getting so blond. It is really cute. Moms are just the best. Glad you had a great time. Go Rockies!
I'm happy you are back too, I am always excited to check your blog! It all sounds fabulous, you are always doing fun stuff!!
And kudos for finding great deals at Anthro... you stopped by on the right day!
Yes, thanks for the explanation about the Chapped Lips. Let me know when you start your tour and I'll buy some tickets.
Jaden's hair is so blonde! I love it. He looks so grown up. It looks so beautiful there. Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun.
There are so many YW in your ward! How fun for them to get to go to that lake. I wouldn't have jumped in the lake, even for $20! Maybe $50!
um is that snow on the ground? Holy cold! Looks like you're still doing the Shauna thing and living the high life, I want to be you for a week!
I know you've had 50 comments on Jaden's blond, long hair but I love it too. Logan has gotten really dark and it makes me sad. We're trying to grow it out so that at least we get the curls back. Hope you didn't buy any Rockies tickets for this week, bummer they lost!
Wow you've been a busy lady...looks like fun!! Grand Lake is beautiful.Jaden is Doug's mini-me.
I have been waiting for a more recent post! That is so fun your mom came up. Why do I think she is so funny? Maybe because she is! I am jealous of the cold weather there. It still does not feel like fall here yet! It's november tomorrow... I am READY!!! Jaden is darling and I love the glasses pic and the onesie and boots! So funny... must get it from his grandma Cheryl (and mom)! :)
Post a Comment