Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Seriously, What's My Blogging Problem??

I know, I have gotten it from many of you. I don't know what my deal is, but I just haven't been feeling it, or I should say blogging it. Pretty must I'm the worst! At least I admit it.

So what has been going on with us?? Here's a "quick" recap!

#1- I chopped it about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I have been wanting to do it for awhile, but the thought of myself back in college with "not so cute, wanna- be Meg Ryan hair (you remember You've Got Mail, right??)" has given me nightmares!!

#2- We finally painted Jaden's room and moved the big bed into his room to get ready for our "little lady" as Doug calls her. Here's a pic of the project. I still need to take a picture of the AFTER- light blue on top and dark blue on the bottom.
#3- We had the BEST visit ever. Dave, Lisa, Audrey, and Carter came to visit from Canada and we had too much FUN!!!

Belated Valentine's at the Melting Pot
Here's a little secret. . . you can just go and have the dessert (the best part) in the bar for $15- no wait, no reservations, and no $100 bill!



Saturday Shopping- kid free!
How cute is this little top form Anthro??!! I know, you can't even tell she's pregnant.

Cousins ready for some CHURCH and NURSERY- watch out Nursery Leader!!

Doug's Parents were staying up in Breckenridge and invited us up for some winter fun!!
Doug and Dave snowshoeing in the winter wonderland!



Cruising the town of Breckenridge





Like Father. . .
Like Son!!!
Early B-day for Doug!!

What were we thinking? This would turn into a night from HELL!! Jaden kept us up until 5:30AM- no joke! Luckily, Audrey and Carter slept right through it!

The next day the boys went skiing and had an insane day- yeah, I was JEALOUS!! Probably not real smart to go with a pregnant mama!!
They even hiked and found some sweet terrain- jealous!


Meanwhile, Lisa and I took the kids ice skating.
Jaden and Carter lasted about 3 minutes on the ice!

They liked playing in the snow much better!!
Audrey was a pro on the ice!
For Doug's B-day he got to pick our day, so it was off to Bass Pro Shop, REI, and The Cheesecake Factory for dinner- the kids LOVED it!




Kids LOVING another treat!!
Typical Jaden!

The next day we went to the zoo and had the best time.
The animals were so active it was nuts!!
I don't know if you can tell, but the lion was soooo close. Thank goodness for the glass!





Dave, Lisa, Audrey, and Carter- Thanks for making the drive to come spend time with us! We miss you guys so much! Jaden woke-up from his nap and started crying and saying, "I miss Carter. I miss Audrey!!" Doug and I feel the same way!

Marc and Karen- Thanks for letting us spend time with you in Breckenridge. It was a blast!

19 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

You guys do the coolest stuff! Always having fun. You look great Shauna... love your hair!

Anonymous said...

I loved looking at all of the photos-how fun! Did you all sleep in the same room that night? I hope Doug had a great Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say, cute hair!!

abbyandcompany said...

What is with you Heyman girls? Do you show at all or does the baby just show up? I LOVE the new do'.

Anonymous said...

We had a great time with you guys! Thanks again for letting us trash your house and eat your food.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Awesome pictures. I hope you are making a blogging comeback!!

Julie and Matt said...

Shauna, it's Julie Bigler (Carlin). I saw your blog through Courtney Young's and I had to drop in and say Hi. How are you guys doing? Your son is the cutest little man ever! And are you expecting a little girl? Matt and I have a little girl who is just over 2 and are expecting #2 (a boy) in 6 weeks. We are so excited. We are still in Provo, hoping to move up to SLC this next winter. Where do you guys live now? Anyways, I would love to hear from you. Check out our blog if you can. -Julie

Anonymous said...

At least when you blog you put on a lot of pics...which I love. I LOVE your hair. It really is so cute...no Meg Ryan disaster here.

Cara said...

I am jealous I wasn't there with all of you :( Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! The night with screaming Jaden reminds me of the night with screaming Carter in SLC with Lisa....THE WORST!!! Can't wait to see the "little lady"!!!!

Monica said...

Looks like so much fun!! I am jealous!! I love your hair!! I'm so glad you did it!! Hopefully we will see you guys soon! We miss you!

The Giles said...

well it's no wonder you haven't been blogging, you've been having too much fun. I love the hair!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Your hair does look great, it makes me want to chop mine! And I'm still waiting for a belly shot - what's up?????

Nancy said...

Geese here I was thinking that you were so sick you couldn't even get out of bed! But no, you're living your rock and roll lifestyle making me jelous as ever, no one knows how to live life like you Shauna!

familia Bybaran said...

I LOVE your hair, Shauna! It's so cute. I can't wait to see you.

The Joslyn Family said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! Looks like you had so much fun with your sister's family. I love your hair!

Ashley Park said...

Shauna! Its Ashley! I found you through Summmers Blog! You all look great and your little man is adorable! I will check back in on your! Looks as though we are on the same schedule, little girls arriving!!

Carlos & Karly said...

Shauna, I miss you! Remember me? Don't worry, I won't steal Jaden!!

SUMMER said...

LOVE your haircut! It looks great! Can't wait to meet baby girl. You don't look pregs either!

Richard & Analeis said...

Hi guys! We found your blog through Monica's. How much fun are you guys having? Jaden is THE cutest lil' guy I've ever seen. And cute hair by the way! And congrats on the lil' lady! I had no idea you were pregnant! I love blogs for that reason!

Keep in touch!

-Analeis