Sunday, September 28, 2008

Going, Going, Going

That's what we have been doing lately, taking advantage of this beautiful Fall weather!

My girlfriend Susanne invited the kids and I to go up to Breckenridge for a few days, so we jumped at the chance to hang out in the mountains. Doug was out of town, so it worked out perfectly!!



Susanne and Miss Tabitha
They are going to hate us for this when they get older!!
Doug and I took the kids to a concert in the park (last one of the series- bummer) and I had to snap a few of Miss Bradli! I can't get over her blue eyes.


I have a confession, I am a Hunter's wife!! It has been the archery Elk Hunt this past month, so Doug has been gone over the weekend with his Dad and buddies. It's been a little lonely, so this past weekend, Karen and I decided to go with them. We stayed in a very "rustic" cabin, which was suitable for 2 kiddos. We went to the Grand Mesa which is about 4 hours from us and it was UNBELIEVABLE!! The leaves are beyond beautiful right now.

Just look at the scenery!!


Jaden loved throwing rocks into the many mountain lakes.

Bradli was very content in her car seat for most of the driving.

We went on a walk to the lake and Bradli had a much needed snooze!


Jaden and Karen in front of the "rustic" cabin!

Driving back home Jaden loved reading his book. We didn't have a DVD player and Jaden still did awesome. I think I'm a worst car traveler than he is!


On our drive home we stopped in Aspen. We had never been there before and it was well worth the extra time it took to get home. Talk about a very BUFFY place! Apparently when you're in the mountains, you need Prada, Dior, and Ralph Lauren- who knew??!! It was very kid friendly with a fun park and lots of GREAT people watching. I really wish I would have taken a picture of the old man in short white shorts, red socks pulled up, and a fanny pack!! Instead I just got pictures of these familiar faces.



Dear Fall,
Don't leave me any time soon!!


P.S. I'm loving the return of The Office (how great was the 1st episode!!) and The Amazing Race (are the New Yorkers for real- "I appreciate your speed, but you're lapping me every time." I thought he was a running trainer).

11 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

That family pic is gorgeous and I love Bradli's eyes too! Good thing I get to see them soon in PERSON! Wohoo!!!

McGraths said...

I love fall too! Beautiful pictures.

Nancy said...

I think I'm going to join your family, you're always doing such fun stuff, the kids are cute as always!

Anonymous said...

I always love the marathon posts. You have some beautiful pics!!

hillary nicole said...

bradli's eyes are so beautiful! and that one photo of jaden reading in his car seat is classic :)

Cara said...

the scenery is sooo pretty!! Doug needs to find a new hobby!!

Loved the amazing race...the frat boys!!!??? "not worried about the 6 pack under their shirts, but the 6 pack in the cooler!!!! NICE!!!!! The runner is a wimp and his girl is weird!

Anonymous said...

You would haggle me for not having big pictures. Take what you can get. Why were you, steve, and jeremy, hiking to secluded beaches? Were you pulling a dave, lisa, cara, and trevor? Bradli's face is hilarious. -King Haggle-

Anonymous said...

Bradli looks like she wants to eat the camera

familia Bybaran said...

Gorgeous little girl. You get out and enjoy things more than anyone I know! Way to get out with a newborn and look hot doing it. I can't believe how good your kids are in the car. Reading a book? Cyra throws up every time we get in the car and Lulu just yells at us.

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I guess we should just go to the Mesa since those leaves are amazing and it's so close! I love all the pics and the messy party looks like a huge success. Wish we could have participated!

abbyandcompany said...

What is doug wearing in that family pic? Camo gear? WTH?