Thursday, March 26, 2009

Follow that Buggy!


I just got back from a whirlwind trip to the East Coast. A year ago I went to NYC with 10 of my college girlfriends and on the way home, I got bumped from my flight, which allowed me to get a free ticket, which allowed me to visit my girlfriends Tiffany, Laura, AnnMarie, my sister Heather, and my friend Trent from High School, which allowed me to go to Amish country and become obsessed with their mode of transportation- BUGGIES!! It was WILD!!

If you look closely you can see the adorable Amish children playing in their backyard. I even had Tiffany pull over at a Hardware store that had tons of buggies parked outside, so I could "pretend" to shop, but really spy. They are so interesting and so nice! Am I weird?? Don't answer that!

Their clothes drying on the clothes line.

The next day Tiffany and I drove to Alexandria to visit Laura, her family, and her twin babies in her tummy. I know, you can't even tell she's pregnant, let alone with babies A and B cooking in there.

Tiffany found her very own Tavern in Alexandria.


Saturday morning we shopped in Georgetown and found some great loot at my FAVORITE paper store ever- Paper Source.

We met up with AnnMarie and her 2 little ones Matthew and William to go to the Portrait Gallery. It was really interesting and I'll admit, I'm not a huge museum girl. I can last about 1 hour and then I get antsy. I do love going to the Smithsonians. They hold my attention a lot longer!!

In front of Obama's new pad.


The Cherry Blossoms were just starting to bloom. It's going to be gorgeous in about a week!


Sunday Heather and I went to the Washington National Cathedral. It was amazing and huge, especially being in such a busy city. I highly recommend visiting it and going on the free tour.

Can you say SASSY Sabbath attire or what!! Especially coming from the H-Train.

Washington Monument

World War II Memorial

It was so great to see my friend Trent and his adorable family. Who knew I would have to fly across the country to see my beach buddy!!??

This is Heather's UNBELIEVABLE place!! It's literally 1 block from the most amazing shopping in Georgetown. She's 1 lucky girl!!

12 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Hi Shauna! You are making me miss the east!! I LOVE Paper Source, as well -- makes me sigh about Boston. And your DC pics are great - Heather looks like she's living it up in G-town! Love that place -- did you happen to hit up the Lush store while you were there? It's my fave store on M Street!!

Gentry Fam said...

How fun! Good for you going on a great trip like that! And I love your boots!

Heather H. said...

Fun pictures! Only you could work such boots all day :) Too bad Doug wasn't there for our tour guide's comments on Helen Keller...

The Gainors said...

how fun. we must do another girls trip-west coast this time.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!!! I miss the East, California stinks! Okay so it was 77 degrees today but still...

Cara said...

All the pics of DC and the Cherry Blossom really make me miss our trip with your school and the trip with Mom!! I love that place!!!!!

We should get a buggy when you guys come! Can't wait for you guys to come and stay with us again!!

Nancy said...

You're such a traveling girl, I love it! Looks like you and Laura had a great time, I am jealous. Next time you're in good old Utah call me, we live here now!

Trisha said...

I was just thinking this week about our trip last year. You look a little skinnier than you did last year at this time... :) Anyways - I miss you and all of the BYU girls! We need to plan the next trip. Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

I miss you already! Oh, how I long for the time when we would see each other everyday. thanks for coming to see us even if twin A and Twin B were making me feel a little off.

The Giles said...

You sure did pack a lot in! It was so fun to see you. Can't wait til this summer!

Anonymous said...

Love the red boots... looks like you had a great time. Hope you had a wonderful birthday and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!

familia Bybaran said...

Those red boots are awesome, Shauna! You are seriously looking so hot! Such a fun trip! Is that Rebecca's sister Anne Marie?