Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No "Bug" Bites and No 7 Year Itch Here

So maybe it's been a good 2 months and no posts. I'm okay with it. Remember when I thought I caught the "BUG", the blogging bug, well I was wrong. No bites and no 7 year itch either- Doug and I celebrated our 7 Year Anniversary on the 29th of June and there was no itching. Here's a run down of our happenings:

We went camping with some friends and encountered quite a bit of rain. We chose NOT to spend the night with 5 kiddos.



Jaden "graduated" from preschool and we celebrated at Chuck E Cheese. A place Jaden has been begging to go to thanks to the commercials on Nickelodeon and Disney.


Can a 1 year old get swine flu from a steering wheel at Chuck E Cheese?
Doug's Grandpa Osguthorpe passed away so we made our way to Utah to be with family and friends. It was wonderful to be with the many people that loved him so much.

Jaden and his many 2nd cousins
We got to spend some time in Park City with family. Jaden told me he needed this 4 wheeler so he could drive it to school. A helmet, backpack, and lunch and it's off to school he goes.
Half of us cruised up the mountains on this. . .
While the other half got to go on horseback.

And once again, the rain came pouring down
and down. It was so worth it!
Once we all warmed up and the weather cleared up the boys went out again and took the little guys on another fun adventure.


My good friend AnnMarie has been staying at her parent's place in Colorado Springs so we've been able to get together and go on a few CrAZy adventures. . .
Belleview Park ,
Matthew's 1st time bowling,

and the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
I went there about 5 days after Bradli was born last year. It was probably one of the stupidest things I have ever done. Not smart hiking up a mountain 5 days after having a baby!!
The best part is feeding the giraffes!
For our Anniversary, Doug's parents watched the kiddos and we spent the day at Water World. Am I a DORK or what, but I seriously LOVE water parks. We had the best time going on the sweetest rides ever. I hate to say it, but Wild Rivers has NOTHING on Water World. Even though I want to go to Wild Rivers while I am in CA. I love the smell of the chlorine, people watching, and carrying those huge tubes.

On our actual Anniversary, Doug's parents took us to the Mormon Tabernacle up at Red Rocks. We went to dinner first in Morrison at the coolest restaurant (no pics- dang it) and then got funky with the Mo Tab. The music was beautiful. Next year maybe it can be Miley Cyrus- sooo kidding!
The views were amazing.
Back at home Jaden has been Jaden. Painting not only on his paper but his arms- lovely!
And lately he has been wanting me to pause The Incredibles so I can take a picture of him in front of the movie. I have about 10 pictures just like this one- awesome!
For the 4th of July we headed up to Breckenridge with Doug's parents. It was my first 4th not being at the beach and I survived with flying colors. We stayed busy biking, hiking, and swimming. I even napped a bit since the Little Lady decided to wake up every hour one night- terrific for me :(







Jaden loved this tree since it was his size.


Yes, Jaden still chooses to sleep in his Spider Man costume.
The fireworks were incredible and we had the best view thanks to Marc and Karen.
This Little Fire Cracker was exhausted by the time we made it back to the hotel.
The next day we saw the Budweiser Clydesdales and Jaden was very excited to see one named Carter.
Jaden loved busting out on the trampoline. He didn't have much weight to get him as high as he would have liked.
Can Bradli get the swine flu from chewing on the chords?
The next weekend Doug had a conference up at Beaver Creek so we packed up again and headed back to the mountains. This time we had our friends the Barnhursts meet up with us for a day. Nothing is mellow when we get the boys together.

On our hike Bradli decided to catch some ZZZZs.
Where's Bradli?? Still snoozing.
When we got back to the hotel we decided to make s'mores. We had to buy our s'mores packets for $12- a total rip off, but worth the entertainment we provided the onlookers.
The crazy crew!! We sooo love the Barnhursts!!!
The girls checking each other out- too funny!

GORGEOUS!!
Of course we had to play 18!
On our last day we decided to take the chair lift up to the top of the mountain. Things were great at first until. . .

Bradli decided she wanted off. It was terrible. We dropped her blanket. The only thing she will fall asleep with and one of her shoes. We got the blanket back after waiting 2 1/2 hours- well worth it. We never got the shoe back :(
The view coming back down.
Needless to say, Doug held Bradli on the way down.
Back at home things got back to normal.
Jaden being an artist and Bradli. . .
running from us.
Now we're in CA for the next few weeks for a Girl's Trip, Triathalon, and being with family and friends. Stay tuned to see if I SURVIVE the Tri- ugh!!!

9 comments:

Trisha said...

Looks like a fun summer! Have a great weekend with the girls (wich I could be there!) and good luck with the triathalon!

The Giles said...

Can't wait to hear about the triathalon. You'll do great! Can I get those pics from our adventures in CO? I really need to document Matthew's first time bowling. It was hilarious. If you don't have time in CA, just when you get home.

Anonymous said...

loving the marathon post and seeing all that you've been up to. you've been busy. can't wait to hear about the tri. sorry that I've been mia. we have to talk soon... loves!

Jonah and Aja said...

INCREDIBLE HULK in the second to last photo. Watch out!

Audrey Crisp said...

Holy cow! Lots of fun pics! Happy late annivedsary! I was sad I didn't get to say hi to you at the beach this year! I love the new header pic btw!

The Gainors said...

such a great catchererupper. it was fabulous seeing you this weekend. good luck with the swim. you'll be great!

Tim and Jennifer said...

A triathalon? You're my hero! Ok, how cute is Bradli? Her fourth of july outfit is the best. And I love that Jaden poses in front of the tv. What a dream child. I wish Kyle would pose! I miss you guys!

Robyn said...

Shauna, I am finally going to bed after SYTYCD. Dave didn't even make it through the first half. I don't understand why.

I was a little disappointed with the finale. I wanted more. Oh well. Tomorrow night should be good. I hope Kayla and Kupono dance Addiction again. It's probably my top pick of the season. What's yours?

It was so good to talk to you tonight. I love catching up and you are always so fun to talk to. Hope you have a great rest of the trip. You guys have so much fun in CO and it is so gorgeous there! Do some research on your local PD and get Dave to move there so our kids can grow up together!

Good luck in your triatholon on Saturday!! You will do awesome!

Love the pictures of K that you told me about too.

Your kids are adorable. I love the picture of Jaden by the little tree and of Bradli sleeping in the backpack by the bench!! Too bad you didn't see Jessee in Breckenridge but I guess it's not snowboarding season yet.

You are such a nice mom for letting Jaden paint all over the place. I really need to forget about putting newspaper down and just let Trent go to town. And him asking you to take a picture in front of the movie is hilarious!!!!

I want that felt flower clip that is in Bradli's hair for Jenna.

Call me in September when you are back here!!! You should just buy a place here and use it as a vacation home since you're down here so much. There are a lot of forclosures you could take advantage of in our area right now!!

See ya later!!

Brecken said...

Shauna, thanks again for all of your "tour guide" assistance last week. You were so great! It was great to see you a bit and catch up. We need to get together more often! Tell your sister thanks again for me!