We've been back 2 weeks so it's about time I post on our Christmas and New Year's happenings. We had a great time with so many friends and family. Can't I just make some magical place where I can have everyone I love live by me?? We all know the place would include the beach- that's without saying, a quick drive to go snowboarding/ skiing- with babysitters on hand to watch the little ones, and tunnels to one another's house. Is that too much to ask for? I didn't think so!!
The night we got in we went to Balboa to see the lights. They were awesome with kissing penguins, flying and flipping Santas, and a very red-nosed Rudolph.
Cara had brought back Jaden a wrestling mask from her honeymoon, which he insisted on wearing the entire night- classic!
Cara had brought back Jaden a wrestling mask from her honeymoon, which he insisted on wearing the entire night- classic!
During the day on Christmas Eve Audrey and Heather really wanted to go ice skating so we hit up the old Ice Palace. I think everyone got an arm work-out helping the little guys stay upright rather than on their bums.

Brady trying to escape to the ice.
The whole gang- where's Lisa and Brady??
After skating we went to my parent's house for Christmas Eve dinner. I wish I would have taken pics of the potatoes dripping in this UNBELIEVABLE cream sauce and the sweet potato casserole that tasted as if I had died and gone to heaven. Just the thought of it right now is making me HUNGRY!! Note to self: GET THE RECIPES ASAP!!
After dinner we acted out the Nativity with hand puppets. One Shepard was a little active!!
Cara and Joe always go to Disneyland on Christmas Eve so after their adventure they met us back at my parent's and surprised the kiddos with some new jammies.
Later we watched the cutest Disney show called "Prep and Landing". It's about some secret elves that prep the house for Santa's arrival. If you haven't seen it, you really need to. It's hilarious!

We were staying at Cara and Joe's house so Christmas morning Jaden and Bradli woke to find Santa had come!!
After opening presents we headed over to my parent's for Round 2.
Brady was very excited when he saw his new bike.
Joe was very excited about all of his new tools. We expect big things around the Morales household!!
We draw names to give for Christmas. Doug had Dave, so the funny guy that he is, he wrapped Dave's gift card in a box that every guy loves to see!
For Round 3 we headed up to my Aunt Shauna and Uncle Mike's house.
We had the most delicious brunch with Mike's famous waffles.
I love this pic because Bradli was swiping Heather's food as she fed Brady.
Things got very serious when the Reed sisters challenged the Heyman sisters to a fierce game of Badminton. It was a battle to the finish with a score of 15-13. I won't say who the victors were.
The Heyman sisters vs.


The guys always seem to come up with the craziest games. What you can't see is the trash can they had as a target for the football. They did this for at least an hour. Doug felt it in his arm the next day!

I went to downtown Orange with my sister, Mom, and sister-in-law Brooke to look at all the antique shops and go to the cutest cupcake shop Lisa had discovered. It was just adorable and pretty tasty too!
One of my favorite days was getting to catch-up with Megan a.k.a. Fergie!! It was perfect because Bradli was able to take a nap while we chatted for hours.
I couldn't get enough of Elle! She is one little peanut with some Fergie in her for sure!

We also hit up Dana Point to go to the tidepools. It was the most perfect day with low tide and lots of fun critters to see.
We just happened to run into these 3 critters. . .
Bradli was in heaven and could care less that she was soaking wet. Just seeing this pic brings the hugest smile to my face :)
Okay, so here's the best part- the ROSE PARADE!!! I have always known we've been going for years, but this year I found out it was the 42nd year that my family has been going. This truly is my most favorite family tradition ever!!! If it wasn't for the many people that spend days saving our spot, organizing chairs, tarps, and everything else, it wouldn't be possible. Thank you, thank you, thank you, a million times THANK YOU!!!
This year our friends the Taylor's came with us and they now understand our crazy LOVE for the parade. Once you experience it, you become a crazy parader too!!
Now this is a tradition of my Dad, he always has to get a pic with the college cheerleaders. I think this helps him start his year off right :)

Aunt Shauna- the reason this still happens!! She is the best hostess at the parade ever. She serves us all hot chocolate, whipped cream, OJ, homemade cinnamon rolls, muffins, fruit, and just about any yummy breakfast treat you could imagine!
This is great! Jaden was so excited to spray a bunch of silly string at Uncle Matthew.
He got him good!

After the parade we brought the party back to Dave and Lisa's and Bradli experienced her first piggies. She looked sooo OLD!!!
And this is how New Years Day ended- snoozing after having to sleep out on the parade route to save our spot!! THANKS!!
Our last adventure before heading home was a bike ride with the whole gang from Balboa to the Wedge. First we had to take the ferry across and organize the chaos!











11 comments:
Whoa, best post ever! I felt like I just had the best vacation looking through all of your pictures!!! You have such a fun family and you always do the funnest things together. I love your mom's beach cruiser. I want one of those! And I love that your kids got Bandaids in their stockings, Hello Kitty ones, no less. I told Dave we HAVE to meet up the next time you guys are here so we'll make sure it happens this time. Glad you had so much fun. Your kids are so adorable. I love MR. Incredible sitting in the chair. Hilarious! And Bradli is a beauty!!! Have a great new year!!
I have to agree with the above comment, I totally feel like I had some whirlwind fun old time with the Heyman family! You are hilarious!
Those kids of yours are too cute!
I totally want those iron decorative thingys on the ceiling of the trim at the cupcake shop? Did that make any sense?
Great post! Good thing you had me to help us go fast on the bikes, choo choo.
FUN TIMES!!!! Went by too fast :( when are you guys coming back??????? PS...ELFIE!!!
So much fun!! Wish we were still there soakin up the sun!
love all the pics but the one that made me laugh so hard was the one of Mr. Incredible just hanging out... hilarious. Elle loves her some Bradli!
What a fun catch up! You look great - love your hair and you're super skinny!!! Love all the pictures of your kiddos. They are so adorable! And I love that you added "pants on the ground" to your post. You're too funny!
Matt says he'd never live in CA. too expensive. seems to me like Californians have a little more fun. I have always wished I could live in a place with everyone I love right around me. One huge cul-de-sac. I like the tunnel part.
Jealoussss. The pic of your dad with the cheerleaders every year always cracks me up. Makes me sad that we used to be part of the tradition. Glad you get to be in CA for Christmas! Miss you!
I love it! It looks like you guys had so much fun. We sure did miss you over the holidays!! We will see you in a couple of weeks!!!
AFter this post, all I want to do now is move to southern california! So fun.
Post a Comment