9 Stitches
Miss Bradli got an early Christmas present Saturday night when she was running and slit her head open on the corner of the wall. The poor Little Lady handled it so well. She screamed for about 10 minutes and then acted as if nothing had happened. She kept talking about getting scratched by a cat, which happened 2 weeks ago, never mind the huge cut on her head.
Miss Bradli got an early Christmas present Saturday night when she was running and slit her head open on the corner of the wall. The poor Little Lady handled it so well. She screamed for about 10 minutes and then acted as if nothing had happened. She kept talking about getting scratched by a cat, which happened 2 weeks ago, never mind the huge cut on her head.
Driving to the ER- all smiles for this little injured chica!
The Doctor gave her some numbing medicine and amnesia medicine. I know, crazy!! It helps her to forget getting stitches. Why couldn't that have been around 30 years ago when my sister Cara did a somersault on top of me and I bit my tongue through??!! I had to get 2 stitches on my tongue and I still remember getting strapped down on the papoose board- it was blue!
Never mind that!! Bradli was acting soooo loopy from the medicine. She kept laughing and tried running all around. Too bad she could barely walk straight.
The result: 2 internal stitches and 7 surface stitches.
It hasn't affected her at all. She didn't get to bed until 1:30am and woke-up the next day at 7:45- ready to go to church. She's one tough girlie girl!
REWIND to Friday night!
We went to our friend's the Fitch's Ugly Sweater Party and got dressed for the occasion. Not to brag, but guess who took home the Best Dressed Award. . . Me in all my leg warmer/ teased/ white high heeled GLORY!!

The very festive MEN!!
It was such a fun night, full of DELICIOUS food, a beyond competitive game of Family Feud, and conversation I will NEVER forget- thanks Todd- wink, wink!

Would you like to meet Elfie?
This our friend from the North who has been residing in our home. He watches the kiddos and then reports to Santa each night. Jaden and Bradli are LITERALLY obsessed with him and his ability to pop up all over the house. That's all they talk about. He has done wonders for Jaden's eating and Bradli's jumping skills (she tries to touch him, which is a huge NO NO).
We also made quite the Gingerbread House thanks to Costco and Jaden's ability to decorate and EAT candy!!

Sunday we had Christmas with Doug's parents and his brother David and his wife Amanda, since we are going to be in CA. Let's just say, they did NOT disappoint!! Jaden said his new dune buggie was, "AWESOME!" I would have to agree! All I have to say is, "Watch out!"






9 comments:
yay for more posts!
I'm excited to see you all so soon.
Way to go on the ugly sweater winning, makes me so proud!
I'm glad Bradli is doing great.
finally You posted!!!! Yeah! That party was so much fun and you totally deserved the big W! that outfit rocked. Merry Christmas!
I'm so sad you didn't draw my name for Christmas. I really want that outfit! The picture of Jaden driving Bradli is a little scary. Some day that will be them driving to seminary together, haha. Can't wait to see you guys and Ms. Stiches.
Hey You...I found your blog on David and Amanda's and was so excited! Sounds like life is treating you guys all very well! Thanks so much for the darling Christmas card! We are so excited to follow your blog and keep in better touch! We hope that you guys have a very Merry Christmas and travel safe! Talk to you soon!
Todd has NO idea what you are talking about! haha
SEriously? that is no fun. Kate has a matching scar and numerous bandage on the forehead pics. got to love it. looks like she is doing great though. And holy christmas grandma and grandpa! what is santa to do?
Love the sweaters. Especially on the guys. Absolutely hideous, but oh so fun! merry Christmas!
First of all, your poor little girl!!! OUCH! That's awful! Amnesia medicine though? That's what I'm talking about. They should give that to you after childbirth too. Second, that is an awesome car! Holy cow. He is totally cruising in that and Bradli is an awesome passenger. She's not even fazed. Just chillin. She has the cutest face ever. Seriously. She is just adorable. Hope you got some cool things from Santa.
Oh! And that outfit! You are a gem. That is brilliant. And I know you. You didn't have to go out and buy a single thing for that. That was all in your closet and well-worn!
How sad is the pic of B with the gauze around her forehead?! So glad we got to hang out with the Brown girls for a day... just wish we got to wear our toothpicks together. Try wearing the ugly sweater with them... major hit in the making!
Post a Comment