Doug and I celebrated our 8th Anniversary on June 29th, but haven't been able to get away until this past weekend. Doug's parents graciously watched the kiddos (minus the one that's in my belly) and Doug and I were off for some fun. We headed up to Vail and couldn't have had a better weekend- only if it was LONGER! I did miss the kiddos, but come on, spending time with just my hubby was just what the doctor ordered!!!
We took the Gondola up to the top, ate a yummy lunch,
Doug schooled me at Corn Hole. Yeah, I had NO idea what it was but it's a cross between Bocce Ball and Bean Bag Toss. I never even got to double digits and you want to get to 21. Apparently I didn't know I had married a Corn Hole shark!!
We hiked down from the Gondola and I'm still sore- soooo PATHETIC!! I even tripped on a root, skinned my knee, and ripped my pants, come on, once again, I'm front heavy- right?? and Doug thought I could go Mountain Biking 5 months pregnant- NOPE!!
Once again, we barely took any pics. The pic that I'm most mad that I didn't get was of the most mouth-watering, insane Onion Rings we have ever had!! We ate at a place called the Tavern in Lionshead and they were literally HEAVEN fried up and set before us to devour- which we did! Obviously, eating like that we had to hike it off. Gosh, just thinking about them is making me a little gitty and angry that they are a good 2 hours away from me. That's probably a REAL good thing! We also lounged by the pool, ate yummy Mexican food, walked around, brought our bikes but didn't use them, and just enjoyed being together doing whatever the heck we wanted. It was perfect!! I love you even when I am an ornery pregnant Mama!!
6 comments:
Looks like fun!!! Got your message, sorry I didn't call you back, I was at work :( Glad you got to get away and looks like it was a great time!! Miss you guys :)
I'll be the first to say it: Shauna, you probably shouldn't walk across slack lines when you're pregnant!! What a fun trip though, Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm sure you'll have another ADORABLE child! Looks like a fun time!
Congrats on your exciting news! Looks like you guys had a great get away. So wonderful, and I love those mountains!!
Hi Shauna! Your family is way too adorable...congratulations. You guys look like such adventurers, I LOVE IT! If you're ever in the Portland Oregon area you'll have to stop in.
Cheers.
+Katie (Nancy's sister)
Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a cute couple!
Post a Comment