Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Loving Fall Break and a TRUE MIRACLE!!!

Jaden was on Fall break all last week and since we didn't go anywhere, we decided to party here in CO! We took advantage of the great weather and all the FREE days Denver had to offer.

Doug had Columbus Day off so we went to the Pumpkin Patch in Parker. Too bad it wasn't a FREE day! Oh well, we still had the best time!

Jaden was our guide through the Corn Maze and he did a great job getting us through. It also helped that Doug had a map!

Bradli trying an "alternative" route- smart girl!





J&B were obsessed with the duck races and their wet clothes proved it!

They had some really cute animals made out of hay- elephant.

Miss Piggy

Of course we had to hit up the Bounce House and get our bounce on!

Bradli LOVES animals and had to pet every animal in the petting zoo. She was especially fond of the goats and their long ears. When I would ask her their name she would say "Binga". That's what she names everything now, except for the baby in my tummy which is still Jesus-phew!


They had a sandbox full of corn kernels that we couldn't get them to leave, so thank goodness quite a few came home with us in Jaden's shorts and Bradli's diaper- popcorn anyone??


As we were leaving they each got to pick a little pumpkin to take home with us. Who knew Columbus Day could be so fun??!!


Last Wednesday was a FREE day at the Denver Zoo so we loaded the car up with kiddos and LOTS of snacks and headed out for some animal fun. I think half of CO had the same idea which was apparent when we tried to find parking. At least when we got into the zoo it wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. We even made it home with all the kids!

The kids favorite animal was Cranberry the girl Polar Bear. Obviously, I'm the worst and didn't get a pic of actual Cranberry. I was a little preoccupied with a 2 year old trying to get closer to the "white teddy bear". Cranberry was quite the performer. She would jump onto a ball and then splash in the water. The kids loved it!

We had to take a trip around the zoo on the train.

A long day + a 2 year old= out cold

Now this is a TRUE miracle!!! Jaden has not gotten a "real" haircut since my sister's wedding a year ago- NO JOKE!! He is beyond petrified of getting his hair cut. Doug has been cutting it as best he can through screaming, tears, and a lot of hair covered snot. One time our neighbor called us to make sure everything was okay because she heard out of control screaming coming from our house- lovely. We had to explain that Doug was just trying to give Jaden a haircut. Another neighbor tried to take him with her kids thinking that would work, but no success. This last Saturday I was determined to get both the kids real haircuts. Bradli has never had her haircut and was not too thrilled about the idea due to a brother yelling, "I'm not getting my haircut. I HATE haircuts!!". Regardless, Doug and I loaded the car and we were off. Bradli was the first in the chair. Excuse me, I mean, she had to sit on my lap and wouldn't wear the cape. This was going great. Why is it, that I'm not the one getting my hair cut but I end up covered in hair?? She finally calmed down and let Miss Tess do her thing. By the end she was all smiles and looked about 5 years older with her new adorable bob. We all LOVE it!!



The next thing I knew, Jaden had hopped right onto the chair and let Tess cut away. He was quite the chatter box talking about Halloween, school, what's going on in the latest Us Weekly:), how he was now 5, etc. Doug and I were LITERALLY speechless! I'm the worst and didn't get a final pic, but let me tell you, we have one handsome boy on our hands!! I have never seen a boy so proud of himself as we left. He kept talking about how he can't wait to go back to get shampooed again- WHAT IN THE WORLD!! Obviously, we had to reward them and we were off to McDonald's- ugh!!

One of our last adventures before the end of Fall Break was a FREE day at the Nature and Science Museum. We hit it just right by going after lunch. The museum wasn't too crowded and we were able to see most of the exhibits. The kids loved the interactive Discovery Zone.


On our way home we met Doug for dinner and then went to REI for FREE rock climbing with the kids. Bradli had NO desire to climb, but Jaden gave it a try. I think he liked the shoes he got to wear more than the actual climb.

Jaden is back in school tomorrow and I'm definitely ready for that! I just can't believe he'll have 2 weeks off next year for Fall Break!! We are sooooo going somewhere!!

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Looks like a fun week! Idea for next year: ARIZONA!! :)

Matt and Brooke said...

what a fun week! That rocks Colorado has free days! and I love Bradli's new hair cut!! it looks so cute on her and she looks so grown up!.. i'm glad jaden was good..he's getting so big!

Cara said...

All her curls are gone :( sure looks cute!!! Like mine :) Jaden got pretty brave!!! Glad baby Jesus is still going strong!!! See you in two weeks!!!!!!!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

The bob is darling! Wish we were there with you for all the fun FREE days! Seeing all those activities made me really miss Denver. I'll have to come over and visit soon!

Lisa said...

I love her hair. Audrey and Carter are both very impressed with Jaden and the hair cut! Way to go! The pumpkin patch looks like it was a lot of fun!

Likely said...

yeah -- what is up with kids hating haircuts? it's not like they were stabbed one time or something. Mine hate haircuts and getting their nails trimmed. love the bob,