Wednesday, November 17, 2010

FERGI-licious in San Francisco!!

Most people know her as Megan or Meg, but to my family she will always be FERGI!!! Last weekend I was lucky enough to get to go on one last hoorah and visit my FERGI! I met 2 of my sisters and we were off to cause havoc in San Francisco!

We were so lucky because the weather was absolutely PERFECT!! On Friday we had some fun at Fisherman's Warf.


Fergi's sitter fell through so we had Miss Elle with us all day. No complaining for us Heyman sisters. We'll take an adorable dark-haired little lady any day!!

Just showing how bendy I am at 8 months- haha!!

Good thing Cara was with us because she's the ultimate Baby Whisperer. Elle loved Ca-Ca and I do have to admit, she was known to ask for Sha-Sha every now and then!

We also went to Ghirardelli Square to satisfy our sweet tooth. We were kind of disappointed by our treats. I remember going there as a kid and devouring the sundae- sorry, but it was a let down. Oh well, how bad can chocolate and peanut butter really be??



On Saturday we drove across the Golden Gate Bridge to have lunch in Sausalito. Our lunch was a little sketchy, but the scenery made up for it, right??

One thing I have always wanted to do is walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. We parked one car in Sausalito and another on the San Fran side and made the trek. Getting to the Bridge was hilarious! First, we had to carry the stroller down the stairs. . .

Second, go under the Bridge as cars cruised over our heads. . .

Third, make it to the other side which was so fun. The views were gorgeous and the people watching was pretty spectacular too.

Fourth, try to figure out how to get back to our car, by going through a pretty sketchy tunnel!

Notice the awesome graffiti and the dark sky- probably real safe for 4 girlies and a little babe, but totally worth it!

On Sunday Miss Elle wasn't feeling so hot, so we had to brave some adventures without Fergi :( We stopped by the World Champion San Francisco Giants stadium for a few pics.

Next, we boarded the Alcatraz Cruiser for a tour of "the Rock".

We were so excited to see the creepy prison, but really, not so creepy and I have to admit, I wanted it to be creepy!

They told us some really interesting stories and we got to tour a lot of cool things, but I wanted it to be like the movies. The island was actual super pretty and it probably didn't help that it was a gorgeous day. Not exactly a scene for crazy prisoners trying to escape into choppy, shark infested waters.
Seriously, this is how beautiful the weather was. The Bay was filled with sailboats and the temperature was beyond fantastic!


One of the last things we got to do was meet our cousin Chris and his wife Jenny and their 2 adorable munchkins Kate and Macy at Muir Woods. We had a great time cruising through the trees, but didn't realize we'd be walking out in the dark. Who knew it closes at 5PM??

Fergi, thanks again for a great time! You really are the best and I love you and your family to pieces! Now come to CO and watch Real Housewives of BH with me!!

7 comments:

Aja Eyre said...

Shauna-
Congrats on the pregnancy! I must have missed the blog when you announced it because I looked at this one and thought, "Wow! She looks like she's due the same time as me. When did this happen?!" So, I read back, and you are due the day after me.... crazy. Anyway, CONGRATS! I've been three weeks early on my other ones, so I'm shooting for 12/11/10. Your 1/1/11 date would be very cool, so good luck on that.
Your kids are gorgeous... Good work and great blogging!
Aja

Brecken said...

Looks like your trip was so fun! Finally you are showing! Are you coming to bookclub tuesday? Hope to see you there!

Likely said...

love fergs! love SF! what a fun vacation and you look adorable!

Chelsea said...

Can't get over how cute you look with your bump! What a fun trip...

Nielsens said...

fun!!!! glad you ladies had a great time!

Trisha said...

You are seriously one of the cutest pregnant girls EVER! You look great.

Anonymous said...

Shauna! I live 2 hrs. from San Francisco. I would really appreciate it if you let me know your vacation plans in advance! Hope you're doing well. :)