Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Catch-up

I know it's totally cliche to say, "I can't believe tomorrow is the 1st of December!" but seriously- what in the world??!! Before we know it, we're going to have a little one ruling the house and some really tired parents. Before I am consumed with everything newborn, I thought I would update from our Thanksgiving weekend.

I got the idea to paint (or have Doug paint) a Thankful Tree from my sister Lisa. She did this with her family and I thought it was such a great tradition, so we gave it a try. The kids wanted in on the action, so I got some extra canvases and let them show their inner Picasso.
The BEFORE:
DURING:

THE FINAL RESULTS- that smile kills me!

Doug painted this tree for us and we glued on leaves with things that we are thankful for. Each year we're going to add to it. Lisa, thanks for letting us copy:), we're excited to carry on this tradition.
For Thanksgiving Day we headed over to Doug's parents house. Once again, lame me, I barely took any pics. We had a wonderful time with Doug's parents, his Uncle Kent, Aunt Bev, cousin Kelly and his wife Leia, and cousin Kimberly. The kids had a blast "cooking" their own Thanksgiving dinner with all the play food, but I would have to say, the real food was AWESOME!! I have the belly to prove it!!
On Friday we went with Doug's parents to Zoo Lights. We knew it would be rather chilly, so we bundled up and headed out. The kids loved the lights and all the fun that went with it.
Grandma and Grandpa even took the kiddos on a carousel ride, which they loved!
Jaden was beyond excited to see Santa and let him know about his desire for the Stampede Nerf Gun! Bradli didn't want anything to do with him- I guess no presents for her!

Thanks Marc and Karen for another fun time at Zoo Lights!


2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Fun! I love the Thankful Tree. So cute!

Lisa said...

You need to hang those pictures the kids painted. They have Zoo lights in Calgary. Everything looks so pretty. We missed you guys on Thanksgiving but I'm so glad you guys had a great time!!