Thursday, July 26, 2007

We're Home!

I'm back from CA and had a wonderful time being with family and friends! Here are a few things I learned from my trip.

1. I still tease my sister Heather way too much- I LOVE her to death!

2. Matthew got me hooked on Raisin Bran Crunch. I owe him about 3 boxes of cereal!

3. If we say we're going to leave for the beach at 11, count on noon, "where are Jaden's shoes??"

4. Lisa knows how to plan a party!!

5. There's nothing like being with your friends that really know you!

6. I'm obsessed with Shade swim wear and literally lived in my swimsuit! I will be posting further about this discovery!!

7. I never thought I could like a dog in clothes, but I did like Daphne!

8. I need to think before I speak- thanks for the reminder Lisa and Dad!

9. I will never get sick of the sun, sand, and surf!

10. I take pictures of everything, but not as many as Cara. Enjoy our memories!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo many fun pics! My fav is "sand angel." It was so great to see you and I think I'm going to have to make a trip to Colorado. I hope you got my message about the 'water wings.' luv, meg

Cara said...

I miss "J" Dog!!!! It was soo much funny having you guys here...Christmas better come soon! Don't worry, I will send you copies of the millions of pics I took....I sure did get some cute ones of Jaden...you're welcome!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ALL THE PICS SHAUNA! YOU SURE HAD A FUN FILLED TRIP! WE HAD SO MUCH FUN AT THE LAKE WITH YOU AND "MR. ARM"! HIS THROWS WERE AMAZING! WE MUST HANG OUT NEXT TIME YOU COME DOWN. AND THANKS FOR THE TEETHING TIP! I AM WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I'm sure you are sad to be back in CO, but Doug is probably happy! Wish I could have been there with you...next time!

Monica said...

Oh you look like you had a blast!!! I am definitely jealous because while you were out getting a nice tan I was sitting at work day after day!!! I can't wait to see you and Jaden!! I hear he is talking now! You are so cute and I love you!!!

The Staffieri Family said...

What a fun trip! So great that you can come and stay for such a long time. I love when Whit does that. Jaden is so stinkin cute!! I love all the pics

Robyn said...

I just looked at all those pictures and loved them. It looks like you guys had a great time! I guess there really is a lot to do here. Maybe we should get out more!! I would live in my bathing suit too if I looked as good as you do in it. Hot mama! I love the brown and turquoise Shade suit. I hope you come back and do this two week trip every year so we can see you each time. Jaden is a cute, happy, and very nice little boy!

McGraths said...

What a trip! Looks like you guys did everything possible down there. You are the cutest mom ever.

Likely said...

that sand angel pic is classic. Max hates being dirty, funny huh?

not surprising one bit that you are hooked to a new cereal. I remember in college you being hooked to special K with berries and I know you have a thing for cinnamon life too.

I could eat cereal for every meal and probably would if I didn't marry a carnivore. you are my kind of gal.

familia Bybaran said...

I love the pictures and the fancy slide-show. :)

It looks like you had a blast. Made me excited to go to Newport next week.

Annie said...

What the elephant ride? Sweet! I love the pic of Meg and Jaden with the mohawk. My siser in law has a shade swimsuit and it's the cutest thing.

devonasaurus rex said...

mmm, california!

The Giles said...

Sounds like bliss. Going home is always great - and is sure to be when you live in CA and can go to the beach.

Tracy said...

Shauna!

It cracks me up how people are linked on this thing. We started a blog a few months ago and I keep running into other people's blogs through friends etc. So fun to catch up on your life and your cute family! Our blog is thepickettfamily.blogspot.com

Clair said...

Hey...I tagged you. Go to my xanga to see the rules. xoxo

Mariah Robins said...

You are a genius blogger. I love the slide show. So smart. I know you will always be a Cali girl until you die. The phrase you can take the girl out of Cali but you can't take the Cali out of the girl. That is you! I love your comments. You make me laugh. I miss you.

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Shauna- It was cool to see you tonight at Costa Vida. Great Blog. Ours is lalalaluke.blogspot.com. I have Jeremy and Liz's blog linked to mine and also Tim and Shannon Dickman if you remember them. Let me know if your husband is interested in playing football. The practices are in Parker and the games are in Littleton. Have him email me at lukelee78@yahoo.com. Luke