Quick summary of the CRAZINESS we call our LIFE. . .
We got home from CA at about midnight and left for Manti, UT 2 days later for Doug's brother David's Sealing. It was a bummer because Doug had a huge work event and couldn't go. It was fun to see family and especially Joel and Monica. Jaden loved getting up and going to breakfast with Joel while Monica and I tried to catch some more ZZZZZZs.
Jaden catching some much needed ZZZZs at the luncheon.
After the luncheon we were dying of heat, so we hit the community pool which was a GREAT pool, so if you're ever in Manti check it out. You even have a view of the temple.
Jaden and Monica
Well, we got home from UT and I was off to Girl's Camp- Retro Style, after a sleepless night of Jaden crying until 3:30AM- what a beautiful sound- yeah right, I left for camp but only stayed for 1 night. It was the BEST and grooviest camp ever!My Groovy Green Girls



I got home yesterday and picked up a Jaden that kept Grandma up all night. Thanks Karen for being a trooper! I took him to the doctor and yep, he has a virus. Last night he was a wreck so I was in his room consoling him until he flipped himself out of his crib! Doug put together a toddler bed at about 1 AM and that was quite the experience getting him to stay in it. Poor Doug had to leave at 7AM to drive to South Dakota for work for a week, so now it's back to me, Jaden, a virus, and a toddler bed STAY TUNED. . .









20 comments:
Sounds like you have had quite the summer! Good luck with the virus and toddler bed! I'm glad you got to see Whit last night. She said she loved the Hurley stuff!!
You just made me never want to have children. What do you think Doug, should I get'em snipped?
Oh the wonderful world of transitions for kids! I remember doing that with Taylor. In fact, she dove out of her port-a-crib when we were on vacation...did some kung fu roll and then stood next to me tapping me saying..."Hi, mommy I am here to sleep with you." I was laughing so hard..but so mad b/c I wanted to GO TO SLEEP!
I am dying to hear how this all goes down. GOOD LUCK!
Welcome back! I've missed reading your blog. Your travels sound great, your current situation sounds somewhat troublesome. Best of luck to you...and the toddler bed!
oh sad! how did he flip out of his crib!? maybe since kate is so young i dont understand yet
Yuck! What a nightmare! Vacations certainly take on a whole new meaning with kids don't they! Hope you get back on the routine soon and Jaden gets better.
Oh sad my little buddy has a virus!! I am so sorry for him and you!! We miss you guys like crazy!! It's not right that we live so far apart!! I love you and hope Jaden gets feeling better!
Looks like he has the CARTER VIRUS!! All I can say is GOOD LUCK....I am thinking back to the drive down to San Diego!!! Maybe you need to ask Jaden about Angel Moroni and he will be ok!!??
Sorry to hear about the Virus.
So I totally went to the same place for Girl's camp - Lake Wellington. How funny.
Sorry about the virus!! I hope he feels better for his sake and yours. BTW-- hello hot mama in the purple shirt and black skirt. That purple is for sure your color!!
Oooooh Shauna. I'm SOOO sad for you! I feel like I can deal with pretty much anything if I have enough sleep... so good luck. I didn't know you worked with the YW! I do too. You'd be perfect for that. I'm sure they totally love you. :)
Good luck with your cute sick boy, and the toddler bed. Let me know how it goes! I've been thinking about making the switch lately... the time is coming soon!
emily started a blog.....should be good!!! her link is on my page!!
I don't know why I'm laughing, it's not funny that he's sick, but the image of him hurling himself made me laugh because I am just waiting for Trent to do that one of these days. What a summer! Craziness! I'm glad you're back, sorry Doug's gone, but hang in there and hopefully Jaden will feel better soon.
Good thing Jaden is so dang cute, otherwise he might not be so easy to love on nights like those! I love all your funky fonts and colors too - you're becoming the blog queen!
I don't know when everyone got so grown up. When did Jaden become old enough for a toddler bed and when did you Shauna, go to a real-life girl's camp. When I was at Lake Wellington, the leaders were all older than us. But seriously, maybe it's because I've yet to be in a ward where girl's camp will look and sound like it looked for me, but it feels so grown-up and mature! (Never thought I would say girl's camp sounds mature. Go with it.)
Oh girlfriend... too bad we didn't talk on the phone today (I returned your call though!) Ditto on your story. NIGHTMARE. I pretty much don't want to go on any vacations anymore because coming home is ridiculous and frustrating.
We spent three weeks in CA too, and Max got too used to mama in the same room. He flipped and thudded out of his crib SEVEN TIMES two nights ago. I was at my last straw because he WAS NOT going to sleep with me. A 6'4" husband, a 6 month along pregnant mama and a 2 year old in a queen size bed??? I don't think so?! So what am I to do?
We have met in the middle and decided that I will sit in the rocking chair next to his crib (and not touch or talk to him) until he falls asleep. That way he is getting used to falling asleep alone again (sort of) and I can make sure he doesn't give himself a concussion.
We are getting a bed for him soon too. I read an article on toddlers transitioning to big beds recently and I guess if they get out you are just supposed to take them back to bed and not say a word to them.
The couple said the first night they took their daughter back to her bad 64 times! The next night it was like 129 times and the third night it was 0 times.
nuts.
good luck. sorry my post is so long. I just hear you sista'.
And we are leaving for the St. Lawrence River tomorrow for four days. 8 hours in the car both ways. What the H am I doing?
Shauna- you are the busiest person I know! I can't believe everywhere you have been lately! I LOVE the pool picture in Manti with the temple in the background! It is so cool. And poor Jaden!!! I hate when my kids are sick... nothing could be worse! I shouldn't have but kind of laughed at him flipping out of the crib and then Doug putting together a bed at 1:00 am! You guys are hilarious! Hey- you gotta do what you gotta do though!!! Thanks for the update!
Wow Shauna you sure know how to stay busy! Hope Jaden feels better. Poor guy.
I think I got tired from reading this. your life is an adventure! And of course, Jaden is the cutest!
sounds like you and Laura have some stuff in common with the whole toddler bed/sick kids stuff. Are you staying home now? Does your husband ever see you? Just kidding, I'm envious, I love to travel, you're lucky you get to do it so much!
Post a Comment