Tuesday, August 07, 2007

As Ice Cube said, "Today was a good day"

Today was a good day! Here's why. . .

1. Finally, I got to get together with my old roommate Laura who just moved here from Virginia! Her 2 kids Alexa and Dallin are absolutely adorable. I foresee making many memories with her and her family.


2. I finally weeded our front yard and backyard, after Alexa informed me how big some of our weeds were. I know, GHETTO, but come on, we've be gone!

3. After a lot of phone tag, I got to talk to Fergie- always makes my day and makes me happy. Too hilarious for words!

4. I couldn't find the remote, so I looked under the couch cushions and found some gems. From left to right: TiVo Remote (best invention this decade), mechanical pencil, toy magnifying glass, half eaten pancake (blends in with the table-dang it), orange Skittle, beaded necklace, earring, bobby pin, and the letter B. Can you say RANDOM???

5. I bought a plastic pool for $5 at the grocery store. I think it's going to be the best $5 I have ever spent.
6. Talked to Doug and he says he has some outstanding pictures for his blog debut from Sturgis, South Dakota. I can't wait!

7. The 3rd book "Eclipse" by Stephanie Meyer came out today and I'm ready to turn those pages! I heart Edward, always and forever!

17 comments:

Robyn said...

What a great day!
You got a lot done!
Your yard looks great!
I can't wait to read those books. Where is the half-eaten pancake?

Anonymous said...

Woa I almost just threw up, Eclipse is NOT out yet?! Megan pre-ordered me one but it has not arrived. I guess I'd better finish HP so I can read Eclipse asap-I'm not joking, the thought is altering me physically right now in a good way, like when you're a little kid excited for Christmas! Great post.

courtneyb said...

I love finding treasures while digging for something else. Mostly because it confirms that I have not lost my mind and in fact, I did not lose that thing and I knew I would find it someday ;)

Annie said...

OK, I have to start with Eclipse. I preordered it on Amazon and I know it's on it's way--I can't wait! I am so jealous that you have it in your hot little hands. How fun that Laura is so close to you. I am definitely jealous. Yes the pool will be the best $5 ever. And those weeds, wow, it had been a long time. :)

Andrea said...

A shout out to Shauna Brown from her Northern VA fan club! How sad that Laura is now in YOUR pictures instead of OURS :( But we're glad she has fun people to hang with until we get her back!

The Thomas Family said...

I JUST read Twilight and as cheesy as it was, I loved it and can't wait to read more. I heart Edward too!!!

hillary nicole said...

You have eclipse!?! man oh man I am so anxious to get a copy and start reading it!! Can't wait to see doug's debut post :D

Anonymous said...

IT was so fun yesterday. Especially since you got to hang out last night too. I can't wait to go to the pool tomorrow. I am so glad that we get to see you as much as we want now! I found random things like that when we moved. I should have photographed the grape that I found in the couch.

Annie said...

I just started reading Twilight and I'm obsessed. I can't believe Doug went to Sturgis... I'm excited to see some pics!

SUMMER said...

i LOVE finding randoms when you clean under or in cushions of the couch! Good finds! And that is so great that your friend moved close to you!!! That will be so fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we got to talk yesterday too. You're the best!First Jack and now Edward...do I need to call childrens social services for Jaden? I can't wait for Doug's pics...I mean what is better than buttock-less chaps. Also, I keep thinking I should get one of those pools for Daphne. We used to get them for Bailey before my parents had a pool and we would hear him go get in it in the middle of the night...but what else would you expect?

Jenny said...

okay i saw all these people outside of borders in the mall and i couldn't figure out what they were waiting for. someone informed me earlier today, i guess i'm out of the loop! also, i noticed today when i was looking at your blogroll that everyone in the heyman family gets exclamation points except chris and jenny? where's the love shauna? :)

The Giles said...

Well I miss Laura already out here. Funny that we only started seeing each other somewhat frequently a month or two before she was leaving. I wish I could be in Colorado to hang out with both of you.

Unknown said...

A couple things: I'm jealous that Laura moved to Colorado because I want to move to Colorado. To the cul-de-sac, to a street named 'Smiles a Lot' or something. Also, am I the only one who, while reading Twilight, etc., just kept on remembering that Edward is really, really pale--almost blue? I don't care how good looking you are, or how chiselled your jaw is,I guess I'm just not the 'translucent' type. Which is not to say I didn't turn those pages at a ferocious rate.

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I need to weed so badly, maybe I should do a before and after picture. No wait, that would be too embarrasing! I wish Eclipse was part of my day, I'm dying to get my hands on a copy. Enjoy!

Likely said...

I am totally out of the loop on this twilight/eclipse thing... I am going to Amazon after this to do some research.

Also, I am wondering if you tore out that lovely tall yellow flower?

Weeds are only weeds if you don't want them. Dandelions were not weeds to me as a child, that's for sure.

Good job on the weeding. Make it a weekly chore (like Sat morning or something) and it won't get out of hand.)

I love you! Maybe we can move to CO too. We have been thinking about where we will be going after MD.

Nancy said...

I came to your blog and was like, oh, I thought I pushed on Shauna, not Laura, and then it was you and Laura is on your blog. How fun! Can I come? Anyway I'm obsessed with Stephenie Meyer and Edward as well, but am hesitant to read Eclipse because what will I have to look forward to when it's over? I know there will be another one, but not for awhile. Okay this is getting long, but I'm much looking forward to Doug's Blog debut, let's keep it PG-13!