Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tiny Town and the Zoo

First, I want to say, "Well done!!" to Doug for his first post!! My favorite picture was the t-shirt that said, "I support single Moms"- too funny! Hopefully we will be seeing more from Doug. He's in Park City with his buddies for a mountain biking trip. I think he has the blogging bug and will have to blog about it! Hopefully this post will be tame, since they're all married with kids, unless they make a trip to Harry O's to get their groove on!

As for Jaden and I, we have had our own adventures. Doug may have seen a lot in Sturgis, but Jaden and I have been partying at Tiny Town and the Zoo.

We went to Tiny Town for Jaden's friend Tabitha's b-day party. It's an adorable place, especially for a bunch of 2 year olds. The entire town is miniature and even has a steam engine train you can ride. It took forever to ride the train due to the rain and hail, but it was worth the wait.
Tabitha, the b-day girl!

The b-day crew





Jaden only ate the icing, one lick at a time.
Brinley ate it all up!

Today we went to the Denver Zoo with Grandma and had a great time. Jaden loved most of the animals (he would see an animal and say, "No, No" which meant it was time to move to the next one), the carousel, and the train. Thanks Grandma, for a FUN day!




13 comments:

hillary nicole said...

How fun that would be to hear jaden's reactions of those zoo animals! How often does it hail in Colorado?

Cara said...

I am suprised you went to a "tiny" town!!!! Were there any midgets besides Jaden??!!!!! I guess he likes animals as much as you do!!

Clair said...

How come I had never heard of that tiny town place while I lived there?? How fun Ahhhh, Colorado summers. You can actually go outside and play. The temps on a full broil here.

Jenny said...

i love steam trains, we have one out here i took kate on awhile back. i love how jaden says no no when he's over an animal. i was just thinking i haven't seen him since he was just a little older than kate! way too long- somebody needs to get married so we can see you!

Leah said...

He's so cute Shauna!

courtneyb said...

what a fun train!! how did you get hime off of it?

Lisa said...

I love that tiny town! Looks like you are having lots of fun! Is Jaden still signing?

Anonymous said...

I hope that Doug make it to Harry-o's...to support 'single moms' of course. Anyway, looks like you had a good time at tiny town and that you are taking steps to get over your phobia of 'small people.'

Camille said...

it looks like you had a blast. it is always great to spend time with grandma!

Robyn said...

That tiny town place looks like fun! I love that last picture of him! He is adorable. What a nice grandma to take him to the zoo with you!!!

Kara said...

I love Tiny Town, in fact I think I went there with Suzanne and her family too...funny. Jaden is getting so big, he's so cute!

Annie said...

Tiny town...that is too funny but such a great idea. Do you ever stop? I feel like you're always on the go doing something new and exciting everyday.

SUMMER said...

Tiny Town looks AWESOME!!!!