So tonight I was a total
Stephenie Meyer groupie, along with the other 750 screaming teenagers! It was out of control! My friend Pam and I went to the book signing and question and answer session. We thought we would go early to get a seat- yeah right! The question and answer session started at 7PM and honestly, I think people must have gotten there at 4PM because it was PACKED! It was so fun to see all these teenage girls with their Team Edward and Team Jacob shirts (BTW, I'm on team Jacob right now). Here are a few things I learned:
1. Stephanie is about 3/4 of the way done with book 4, shoot, I just forgot the name of it!2. Sometimes she has a crush on Charlie.3. A small movie studio has bought the rights for a movie. All she wants to see done right is the meadow scene from the first book Twilight.4. She thinks there may be 6 books in the series, but she's not sure.5. She loved Linkin Park when she wrote Twilight and is now obsessed with the Muse.6. She LOVES her fans!
It was packed at the Tattered Cover (I love the name of the bookstore)
I thought this girl's shirt was so cute!
Pam and I in front of 1 of the many displays.
I wish I could say Stephanie just told me a fabulous joke as she signed my book, but I have no idea why I am busting up!
It was worth waiting in line for number 434 to be called- yeah that's the number we were!
19 comments:
shauna I am rolling right now. Please give me the 411 on this book because I read the first couple pages in the store and my eyes hurt from rolling them so often.
sounds like u had fun! i cant wait to start reading twilight. hopefully i'll have enough time this year to read books other than required reading.
I've heard about this series from so many people, I'm going to have to read it! It cracks me up that you went to the signing!
By the way, I LOVE the Tattered Cover! Mike and I had a very fun date there back in the day.
That is so cool!! I am currently reading Twilight and it's taken me a while to finish. I'm about half way through. Everyone keeps telling me to continue reading and I'll be sucked in.
I LOVE that you went to the book signing...I mean...of course you did. After your showing at the JT concert, I'm surprised you didn't have an Edward shirt of your own!!
Awesome! I had my first day of school student teaching with the 7th and 8th graders...but I met their parents at an open house. I don't know who was more in love with Edward--the girls or their mothers. Im just finishing Twilight!! I love your pics!
I'm totally jealous! I was out of town when she was here or I would have definitely been there. My sister went though, did I mention that she was in Stephenie's ward a few years ago, pre fame, she said she's a lot of fun, total sweetheart.
Nice! I go to her signing on Thursday, I'm really excited, I have a question to ask! Can't wait to see you - 12 days and counting.
I can't wait to read these books!!! I keep hearing about how great they are. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! Who is Jacob? Who is Charlie?
That's funny. Did you get to ask her any questions, like why Vampires?! I'm barely started with Eclipse and already I sense some sort of Felicity-undecided-"I can't figure out who I'm in love with" business with Bella. I think I might blog about the dangers of such behavior! Stay tuned.
Ah....how fun. She comes to ATL Sept 14 and I am SO THERE! My friends and I are thinking of taking her parent's motorhome and camping out the night before so we are guaranteed a good seat. No joke. And guess what?! I have a Jacob shirt to wear to the signing... haha. Ya, I'm a total dork!
so because of your influence, I started reading Twilight last night. I couldn't put it down, love it! thanks for the recomendation and I love how die hard you are ! hahaha. It's good to be passionate
I can't handle this! I finally just got ahold of Twilight and I obviously loved it! I am dying to get New Moon. I have to go get it this week. I love that you got your signed copy. Hopefully I will be done with New Moon and Eclipse by the time I come out there so we can talk about them!! Right now I am partial to Edward because I haven't even met Jacob yet!!
I am sure it was YOU that told the joke and you were cracking up at yourself. That would be me too.
My YW are obsessed and talking about the books constantly. I must jump in and see for myself what all the hubbub is about.
Shut UP!!!! I am dying! I just finished Eclipse literally 2 hours ago. Please do not tell me that there are going to be 3 more books! Turn her into a vampire already. Jacob imprint already and let's get this done with. I can't take it any more!
I am so jealous! I just finished New Moon and am dying to get to the bookstore to buy Eclipse! You have a signed copy...put it on E_BAY and get some cash girlfriend!
My friend is obsessed (well- who isn't right now?) but she is going to a book signing down here tomorrow night. She can barely sleep! She dreams these books! So fun!
I am loving it right now!! I can totally see your "team Jacob" leanings...from your past expereinces...(h.s. hahaha) Kelly suggested we actually get the t-shirts (our teams). I am dying for the 4th book to come out. Thanks so much for the update. She has a signing here tomorrow I think...but we will be out of town. I laugh b/c last night at my "girls dinner" those that haven't read them kept saying, "A love story about a girl who loves a vampire and a werewolf...are you serious. I just can't get into that." All they have to do is get to "The Meadow" part in Twilight and they'll be singing a different tune!
Shauna - I just found out that Jerry Spinelli (Stargirl) is coming to The Tattered Corner for a signing in September as a promo for Love, Stargirl. Lucky for you, stinks for me.
He does only LIVE an hour away from me though. Think he would care if I stopped by one sunny afternoon?
Post a Comment