I will pay big bucks- well, not really, for a violin! I've checked a music store and they run from $500-$7oo (out of my price range). I've signed up for lessons, but for some reason, I think a violin would help with the whole idea of taking lessons. If you know of anyone with an old violin (full size) let me know ASAP!!!
12 comments:
If you can't find one to buy, I remember I used to rent one when we learned how to play in 4th grade. That way if you decide it's not your thing, you won't be so committed. Or maybe try Craig's list or eBay. Good luck!
A full size even with the small paws?
Do people sell used ones on Craigslist? Or the newspaper? Just a thought.
Renting might be a good option though. Start saving those tips again!
LISA has one!!!! How could you forget the best wedding present ever!!! HAHAHAHA
Just rent one...I have a flute if you need one!!!
Why violin lessons???
The Violin is random but I think it is so great that you are going to take lessons to learn to play better...you are inspiring me...however not in the musical arena because I'm a nightmare!
I echo the above comments....don't buy yet. RENT to make sure you're in it for the long haul. Then when you buy, look for used. The best deals you will find at the end of the school year when parents are unloading their kids' musical instruments who are quitting.
What? You are going to take Violin lessons? GO Shauna! That is great! I will keep my ears open for you!
I have one. But since I'm in St. G and you are far away, that won't help. I say rent a REALLY nice one. It makes playing so much better if you have a nice violin. Also, ask your teacher--they usually know where to go or know someone who has one, etc. Good luck.... If it doesn't go well, try the cello. Aja
That is so great that you are taking lessons! I play the violin and LOVE it... well, I haven't picked it up in over 2 years and it is sitting in the back of my closet. I would totally let you just use mine for a while... but a little hard to do living so far away! Good luck!!
Do you play already? Good for you for wanting to learn. I'm sure your "small paws" as Dave calls them, will maneuver very well with this instrument. I'm off to read about Edward...
Thats awesome that you're taking lessons, I always wished I knew how to play the violin, sorry I don't have one for you.
Shawna-
We have a boat for sale! Great starter boat and it will fit in a normal size garage and it runs and floats well and we are trying to sell it for $1000, but Jonah will give you a MAJOR discount. Come down and visit.
i have a guitar, it's got strings like a violin, or i have some cds with violin on them. if that helps. you could learn some like yellowcard when you're good. which by the way you need to get good. and we'll start a band. it'd work. we could call ourselves "teenage boys playing crappy guitar and a mom playing violin, but she's not their mom, just a cool mom that wanted to be in a band." it's a little long but it works. oh and by the way check out meg and dia. you'd probly like them. they're good.
Post a Comment