Monday, August 27, 2007

MIA- My husband!

Doug is gone again for work. This time he is in Baltimore. I miss him!


P.S. Some answers to the violin questions:

1) I took violin until 7th grade where apparently I became "to cool" for orchestra!

2) In 6th grade I won a scholarship to Arrowbear Music Camp (I know what you're thinking- BAND CAMP- big nerd), where I went with my sister. Her lips were wrapped around her flute as well as other campers- Cara, you soooo remember the boy with the raccoon skin hat. Way to go with the band boys!

3) To this day, my Dad says that at one of my recitals I played the entire song on the wrong string- I do NOT believe him!

4) My private violin teacher was named Mrs. Snodgrass and when I told her I was quitting, she said, "I'm not surprised!".

18 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

I love it! The wrong string the whole time... hilarious!
Doug's in Baltimore?! One of the greatest cities ever! You should have went with him and visited
T-dog and Dave!!

Cara said...

Band Camp was awesome...of course I remember the racooned hat boy (and the others!!). Good luck with your lessons..hopefully you will learn to play the correct notes this time around!! HAHAHA

abbyandcompany said...

You should look up Mrs. Snodgrass (you can't make this stuff up!)and tell her you are back!

Clair said...

haha...too funny. What is up with all of Doug's traveling? He's turning into Justin! I played the flute til 8th grade (and did marching band...hello!!!) until I was also too cool for it anymore once I got into high school. But violin is waaaay cooler than flute.

And about your comment...I'm a dabbler. Doesn't mean I'm necessarily good at any of them. I just like to try a bunch of different stuff. So I'm not sure you can call it talent...unless it's a talent to dabble :)

Annie said...

Hilarious. I think you should totally start playing again. I played the piano for 2 years and then gave it up for dance. I wish I would have kept playing.

Annie said...

I quite the piano in 7th grade and started taking lessons again last winter. It didn't last long, but I think that I'll start them up again soon. I don't think my teacher was surprised that I quit either. In fact, she told me that I was wasting my parents money. Who knew that S-cat was really a bando! :)

Why is Doug traveling so much?

Nancy said...

Shauna, you crack me up, even when you're talking about violins! I think you should really show Mrs. Snodgrass and your Dad a thing or two by getting down with your new violin! Sorry Doug is out of town, Trav was gone last week, and I absolutely hate being alone!

McGraths said...

Shauna-
You are too too funny. First of all, NO WAY to Rosie O'Donnell. Maybe Sandra Bullock...my fave!

SUMMER said...

Snodgrass was rude. Now it's time to prove her wrong!

Lisa said...

I wish we had a picture of Mrs. Snodgrass. People would be wondering if our parents cared at all what happen to us when they dropped us off at her house! I was at the recital and I was old enough to remember...YOU DID PLAY THE WHOLE SONG ON THE WRONG STRING!! Good luck with the lessons. Maybe I will sign up again and we can have a talent show at Grandmas's house at Christmas for ol'time sake!

Lisa said...

SIDE POST - Nena and I have just finished Twilight....what is going on? We are obsessed with Edward, what is this Jacob business. Don't really tell us, but he has a pony tail???? How can there be a Team "Pony Tail"?? We must really be out of the loop. Don't worry 2 mores days and I'm sure we will be through New Moon. It only took us 2 days to finish Twilight...don't ask who was watching our childern swim in the lake while we read?!?! We are at the cabin in the woods, not the best setting to be reading about Vampires at 1 in the morning!! We LOVE Edward!! Honestly JACOB???

Jenny said...

i am thinking Doug found a biker chick of his own a few weeks ago! How else can you explain these so called "work trips?" Who goes on those?

Likely said...

Did your sis have a thing for Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer as well?

Boys in coon skin caps are the hottest!

Snodgrass schmodgrass. Go for it girlfriend - I want pics of you at a recital with a bunch of pre-teens! And it's about time you redeem yourself.

Kara said...

ha ha, I don't even know what to say. First of all, Snodgrass..ha ha ha. That's awesome! Second, she actually said that! ha ha, I can't stop laughing!

abbyandcompany said...

I found you a violin! Two even. Come to the Salvation Army in downtown Seattle to pick it up. 30% off on Monday!

Ramona said...

Hi Shauna!!

I'm so excited to find you again!! Thank you for leaving your comment!!

Ok, you'd crack up right now...Atticus and Tiare are rocking out listening to your play list--well, we did have to edit the Justin Timberlake Sexy Back song--Tiare was trying to read the title of the song and she said, "Sexy Back by Jesus Timberlake." Don't worry, she doesn't know what sexy means yet!!

Ok, you have to send me an email so that we can talk Eclipse! I have so many opinions. Did you know that Jared's sister Sarah's husband served his mission with Stephanie Meyer's husband Pancho--isn't that his name? They know them and have had dinner with them lots of time and everything.

Now, my kids are doing their robot dance to the Maneater song!! Hilarious to see, I wish I was technical enough to take a video and send it to you!!

Love to Doug. Come visit us!!

The Plewe Clan said...

You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Do I really need to make a band joke here??? Way too many to choose from.