Sunday, August 05, 2007

Guys Night Out

A quick update on the toddler bed situation:

1. Thanks for all of your comments encouraging me to hang in there, except for Tiffany- 129 times having to put a child back in their bed- I would literally lose it!!

2. He's doing okay, but gets up 3-4 times yelling my name right at the door. I have to go in, put him back in his bed, and rub his back for way too long. If I stop he says, "Back, Back" and places my hand back on him. BTW, he just started crying right now after being in his bed for about 30 minutes. Is it bad if I ignore it??

3. Now, "Why is Doug in South Dakota??" you ask, he's in Sturgis at the Harley Davidson Bike Rally. He called me and told me it's the most crazy thing he has ever been to. Literally 1,000s of bikers and biker babes. Apparently many wear their leather chaps with nothing covering their booties! I think Doug will have to make his 1st blogging debut about the rally. I have told him to take lots of pictures. I'm afraid some may have to be censored!

4. Saturday night Jaden had a Guys Night Out (well, in our house) with his favorite buddy Scottie. They have soooooooo much fun together being BOYS!!



P.S. Jaden stopped crying- YEAH!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

abbyandcompany said...

Yes. I am the first one to comment. Well it's fitting because I have been wanting to hear about the toddler bed saga so I have been checking back. Did Jaden fall asleep after you ignored him? I am all for the ignoring. That's apparently what makes me a naughty parent. Anyway, my neighbor went to SD last year. I don't get it, but then I am not a guy. I definitely think Doug should make a guest appearance on your blog. For sure. I love the guys night out pics. They are adorable and you are beyond cool for letting your 1 year old have a guys night in!

The Staffieri Family said...

Oh my little Scotty!! I miss that kid. I am so glad that he and Jaden are such good friends. Those pictures of them are so cute!! That was so nice of you to watch him. I am going to try to come out after Whit has her baby so hopefully I can see you.

Nancy said...

so cute, little boys are the best. Okay now I get the naked booty part. Pics are a must!

SUMMER said...

Shauna- that is good that Jaden will at least stay in his room! Haven used to get out of her bed AND come out to see where we were! Oh- and letting him cry is not mean. He will eventually get over it and get used to it. I mean, you can't possibly scratch his back every time he has to go to sleep.... He is so funny! I am dying over him!

Likely said...

Sorry.

I guess the homegirl who wrote that didn't stay in the same room with her child after putting them to bed. Just put them back and left the room.

Dude, hope Doug comes back on a Harley. With buttless chaps on too. You know you want it S-cat. What girl wouldn't?

Harley butts drive me nuts.