I haven't posted in awhile due to mine and Doug's OBESESSION with "LOST". It's sickening, but we are literally obsessed!! As most of you know, Doug is not a "night owl" like myself, however, last Friday night we stayed up until 3 AM watching 8 episodes. I think we have finally caught up on sleep (a week later) and am proud to say we have made it through the first season. Only all of season 2 and the a few episodes of season 3 left to go. We are trying to pace ourselves, so we watch about 3 episodes a night. What's hillarious is how much convincing I had to do to get Doug to watch it. And I quote, "I don't want to watch Gilligan's Island." I had to bribe him with a treat off of Steap and Cheap, but now he's an addict. Eventhough our nights have been CONSUMED with "Lost", we have been doing some fun things lately. . .
Last Tuesday night was our first snow fall. Yeah, not so excited. Jaden didn't get to play in it until Thursday. I dressed him in his winter clothes and realized he really needs a new snow hat (check-out the picture). Thanks to the fact that our home faces North, we will probably have snow on our lawn all winter. We then went to the park and Jaden had a great time eating the snow- YUMMY!! On Friday, Doug got to go on a guided fishing trip with his Dad and 2 buddies. He fished on a private river and had to deal with some extreme weather. He caught quite a bit of fish. Thank goodness it was catch and release so I didn't have to cook any of them. Saturday we went to the Meadows annual Pumpkinfest with our friends the Joslyn's. It was perfect weather, so I had Jaden in his costume. I have had this costume since August and since August Doug has wanted NOTHING to do with it. I will say that when we were taking pictures of Jaden in the pumpkin maze and the Douglas County Newspaper Photographer was taking pictures of him, Doug finally admitted Jaden looked adorable as a very MANLY CHICKEN. We'll let you know if he made it into the paper. Finally it's Sunday!! Not exactly a relaxing 3 hours of church with a one year old, however, he looked pretty MANLY in his sport coat. Fall is moving along and we're having a fun time taking advantage of the nice weather. How blessed we are to have such a healthy little boy and have friends that have "Lost" on DVD.
6 comments:
we have the same addiction, we would stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning EVERY NIGHT until it was finished. We went through the second season So fast, I loved the second season!!!!! If you thought the first was good, Oh boy you guys are going to be tired. Have fun catching up!!
YAHOO for LOST.... it is the best. We have been addicted since DAY 1. We haven't missed an episode. It's sick how TV can sucker you in to watched hours of TV.
SS
Hey Shawn, Love the new site!! And Jenn and I are seriously ADDICTED to Lost too. Thank goodness for Netflix. We just got the last dvd for season 2 and have saved all of the Losts for this season!
I'm sorry I let you down with Lost but I'm glad your friends came through. WHERE ARE THESE PHOTOS OF JADEN?!...in his costume and in the snow?!!!!
Join the club! Lost is one of the only shows that has ever captivated my attention for so long on such an intense scale. PS...I love Kate.
Dave
OH YA DAVE THERE ARE ALOT MORE MEN TO LOVE ON THAT SHOW THEN GIRLS. LIKE JACK!!
Post a Comment