Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Bird Flew in From the West


That's right, the Bird flew in from the West!! My brother Matthew came to visit us and we had a blast. He "flew" in Wednesday night to a mild Colorado night. When we woke-up Thursday morning, I guess Thurs. afternoon for Matthew, we woke to a foot of fresh snow. So the next day Matthew and I had to take advantage of the fresh powder and we went snowboarding. We didn't exactly realize how early the snowboarding season was and when we got to the mountain, only 1 lift was open with 2 runs. They were opening more of the mountain the next day- BUMMER!! Eventhough the lift line took a good 1/2 hour we had so much fun. The weather was perfect and it felt great to be back on the mountain. Even more perfect was the fact that Matthew got a pass for $10 rather than $40!! How does he always seem to get the deals??On Saturday we went to the BYU vs. Air Force Football Game. Thanks to the crazy CO weather, it was about 70 degrees at the game. It went from a foot of snow, to melted mush in about a day. We met our friends and a ton of BYU fans. We won which made the game that much better. That night we got to visit with Doug's Grandparents who were here from UT. It was so great to see them. We then went to the Trunk o' Treat and came home and watched The Office. Can you say HILLARIOUS!!! We watched the Sexual Harrassment episode and almost died laughing. Michael is the most inappropriate, crazy "manager" ever. Sunday the Bird had to catch a flight to go back to his nest. His little chicky sure misses him and the mother hen as well. We loved having him here with us. He's always welcome anytime to our nest!!!

**QUESTION: Does anyone else have a hard time posting pictures?? Half of my pictures won't post, what's the deal??!!

6 comments:

Amy Christine said...

Shauna, Ben and I DIE over The Office as well. Seriously the funniest show ever. I think it's the only non-HGTV show that both Ben and I are really into. Anyway, thanks for adding me to your links! :)

The Saunders Family said...

Cool. Bummer the snow sucked at the hill. I love your Grandpa's hat.

Anonymous said...

Make sure your pictures are in the jpeg format...I've noticed when I try to save photos, sometimes they'll be in jpeg off shutterfly or whatever, but depending on where you save them to, they turn into bitmap. That's just one idea. Glad Matthew had fun...keep these blog updates coming!

Anonymous said...

I am over here at Mike and Shauna's looking at your blog. I saw all of the fun halloween things. Jaden has grown so much! We're excited to see you during Christmas time.
We love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shauna! You're pics are so cute on here! I can't believe Jaden is already walking! I can't wait to see you guys during Christmas!
Luv and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

oh and I forgot to tell you that I saw Judy Morgan from the South Pasadena Ward and she wondered how you were doing and said to say hi.