Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Bowl Bull Weekend

I love Jaden's face in this picture- I think he just got a strike!!

This update is a little late and I hate to admit that it's because I'm so uncomfortable on the Mac. I know that is so dumb. All I ever hear is how user friendly it is. Well, I haven't had much time to play with it, so that's my very lame excuse. I'm sure after a few hours of just playing with it, it will be a piece of cake. Anyways, we had such a great weekend. It's still cold, but warming up. Who knew 40 degrees would feel like the 60s. I'm ready to bust out my Rainbows for sure! Doug, Jaden, and I went bowling Friday night and it was a blast. Jaden thought it was the coolest thing ever. He really wanted to throw the balls, but they were a little heavy for him.

Hitting the arcades before our lane was ready.

Picking out his ball.

Bowling for a "strike"

Saturday we went to our first rodeo- yee ha!! It was a ton of fun and quite an experience for me. We went with Doug's parents and Doug's brother David and his wife Amanda. We sat in the front row and were right there for all the action. These guys are crazy! One guy got nailed by a bull and his head was all bloody- pretty gross. The part that shocked me were the 5 year olds that rode the sheep. They wore full face masks and hung on for dear life. It was hilarious!

Grandpa got Jaden his very own cowboy hat!

Grandpa and Jaden

YEE HA!!!

This was pretty cool to see!

The insane bull riders

The little guy getting ready to take off on the sheep.

The little guy holding on for dear life.

6 comments:

The Saunders Family said...

Rodeos are a blast! "Mutten Busten" (kids riding lambs) is hilarious to watch....I love the little kids that just hang on forever and ever. Looks like you had good seats and a fun time.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amberli said...

What great pictures! And PS, I LOVE rodeos! Especially the mutten bustin (little kids on the sheep), Hilarious! Jaden looks so darling!

Annie said...

Little Kate just deleted my comment. don't ask. Oh well, it wasn't too interesting anyway. I love little Jaden's hat. So I saw you sported a hat, just not a cowboy hat. Did anyone else in the group get dressed up or is it only really cute when you are about two feet tall? :) Love the bowling pics. You guys are awesome parents!

The Giles said...

How fun. I've always wanted to go to a Rodeo. I know CO doesn't have beaches, but you've gotta admit it's still a pretty cool place to live!

Nancy said...

You are such a fun little family! I can't believe how cute your son is, I can only imagine his firecracker personality!