Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A J.T. Hangover for sure!!

I have a major hangover right now!! My throat's raw, my ear's are ringing, and my booty's still shaking! Can I just say, "J.T. is the BEST ever"!!!! It was incredible. Let me start from the beginning. . .

Middle of December-
Shauna: "Doug, will you look online and see if J.T. is coming to Denver?? I really want to go."
Doug: "I don't see a date for Denver, but he's going to be in Anaheim when all of you are there."
Shauna: Screaming, grabbing the phone, and dialing Lisa. Still screaming, "Lisa, oh my gosh (you get the picture).
Lisa: Screaming "I'm so in!! Call Cara, Heather, and cousin Emily!!"
Shauna: Screaming "I'm going to call Fergi for sure and Suzanne and Jen. This is going to be the BEST ever." Calling Fergi: "I'm so in! I can't wait to bring sexy back!!" Calling Suzanne and Jen: "We're in!" Calling Cara: After some convincing "Yeah, I guess." Calling Heather: After some MAJOR convincing (it will be so worth the money to see Lisa go crazy and how can you say no to Emily) "Yeah, I guess."
Lisa: "Dave has Emily for Christmas, so this will be the perfect gift! She is going to die at Christmas! This will be the best ever!"
Shauna: Still screaming and soooooooo EXCITED!!!
Doug: Speechless. From December to January-
Shauna and Lisa: Still screaming!!
Fergi, Suzanne, and Jen: Excited!
Cara and Heather: On the fence about going. "Hey Matt, do you want to buy my ticket??"
Emily: Texting her friends, Im going to JT

Now to Tuesday, January 9, 2007 around 5:00 pm-
Shauna: "What am I going to wear?"
Lisa: "I can't pull off the pony tail and I don't have any sassy shoes."
Heather: "I can't get this headband end. Shouldn't you 2 be feeding your children."
Fergi: "I'll meet you at Cara's house."
Suzanne and Jen: "We'll meet you at the concert."
Cara: "I'm just driving home from work and will meet you at the house. I'm tired."
Dave: "When did I agree to watch the 3 kids????!!!!"
Shauna and Lisa: "Bye!!!!!"
Heather: "Poor Dave. Can someone help with this headband??"

Between 6 and 7 pm: meeting at Cara's, driving to the concert, and picking up Emily in a random parking lot-
Lisa telling Aunt Shauna: "Yeah, I don't know when it will be over, but we'll take good care of Emily."
Aunt Shauna: "Remember, some of you are mothers now!"
Lisa and Shauna: "Dave has the kids right now, not us!!
Emily: "See you later Mom!"
Heather: "Emily, I love your leggings!"
Most of us excited, some not so much!!
Lisa: "We should have put J.T. in the car."
3 girls behind us driving in a convertible bug: BLASTING J.T. and dancing!!
Lisa and Shauna: Soooooo jealous because we're in a rented Buick minivan!!!
Cara: Embarrassed!

Parking, walking to the concert, and making our way through security-
Cara: "Does anyone want to buy my ticket?"
Sidenote: The security line was insane. It literally wrapped around the entire Honda Center. We found a back way and made our way to security to find out, NO CAMERAS.
Lisa: Holding the purse with 3 cameras in it- "Do you need to check my bag?" Looking so guilty. Why did we have her hold the purse???
Security: "You need to take those back to your car." Not paying attention to us any longer.
Shauna: "Lisa, give me the bag, QUICK!" Walked into the concert.

Meeting up with Jen and Suzanne and finding our seats:
J & S: "This is insane, where are you guys? We've seen some pretty interesting outfits!"
Shauna: "I'll meet you with the tickets."
J & S: "We made it!!!"
Suzanne: "I have your Christmas present for you."
Shauna: Screaming "This is the best ever!!! I'm putting it on right away."
Suzanne: "I bought this the day before you called about the concert."
Shauna: "You were inspired for sure!"
Everyone: Walking and walking to our seats. We were 1 row from the very back-oh well!

Opening Act: PINK
Everyone: She was sooooooooooooooo good. "Stupid Girl" was our favorite!
Cara: Starting to shake it a bit!

Justin Timberlake's Future Sex/ Love Sounds-
Everyone: Screaming, screaming, screaming, dancing, dancing, dancing!!!!!!!
Cara and Heather: Shaking it like a polariod picture with the hugest smiles!!
Favorites: "Senorita"- Lisa, Cara, Heather, and Emily, "Cry Me a River"- Fergi, "Gone"- Suzanne, Timberland bee bopping during intermission- Shauna, "My Love"- Cara and Jen, "Sexy Back"- EVERYONE!!!!!

It really was the most insane concert ever. His stage was amazing and it's unbelievable to me that he can play the piano and guitar, sing, dance, and just be so dang cute the entire time. Lisa was the biggest fan of his smile. Check out the video, hard to hear and see, but you'll get the idea!



Driving home at about 12:30 am-
Suzanne, Jen, Cara, and Fergi: So happy, but tired- work in the morning!
Emily: "That was the best. I can't believe I have seminary and school in the morning- YUCK!"
Lisa, Shauna, and Heather: Recapping the entire concert, hungry for food, and still singing the songs.




















15 comments:

Clair said...

WOW! Nice play by play. Loved the conversations :) Great t-shirt, too!

Anonymous said...

This is the greatest blog! Perfect description except you failed to mention how so CUTE he is when he is doing his little foot shuffel! I LOVE JT!!! Super fun night girls... Fergi was a good sport to stay up so late when she had work so early in the morning. I also hope Emily stayed awake in class today! Thanks everyone for coming and shaking it in the nose bleeds! One more time... I LOVE JT!!

Kara said...

NICE! ha ha

The Giles said...

You are too funny!!!

Anonymous said...

Shauna, you forgot to mention:

Security guard to Heather, forcefully: "Hey you there in the pink?! Did you get searched?!" Simultaneously Shauna's out of there, heading into the stadium with the bag full of cameras.
Heather nervously gulps but appears calm and composed, even cool: "Yes, I did." The guard is satisfied and Heather lets out the BIGGEST sigh of relief, enetering the stadium to watch not only JT but Shauna bring sexy back, all night long! Thanks for the fun time everyone!!!

Shauna Brown said...

H-Train-
Thank you for that recap, I totally forgot about it! Thanks for getting searched, I never even got the wand on me- YES!! I had so much fun. Right this very moment (last night) I think we were shaking to "Cry Me a River". I wish we were there again!

Anonymous said...

Shauna and Lisa DEFINITELY brought SEXY back and hey, with that shirt, how couldn't they have! Oh ... and the pics with me in glasses, not sure I have ever had any before, so that's another first :) I had a great time, thanks girls!!

Elizabeth said...

Shauna, this post made me laugh so hard! I love it!

Likely said...

Too bad his old pals weren't with him for a little bye bye bye action.

You girls are so fun. I am so glad you took the opportunity to go and do this. It's not everyday you can see a pop culture icon with your best friends.

Annie said...

Shauna, you kill me! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Shauna, I just heard on the radio that Justin and Cameron broke up. I guess he wasn't quite sexy enough, but your pictures were. You and your sisters are so much fun.

Darek and Amberli said...

SHAUNA!!!! This Amberli!!!! Tiff found my blog and I found hers on yours! I'm so happy to see that you are so happy and doing well! So happy too that you got to go to the Justin Timberlake concert! Looks like you had a great time! I've got to read through your blog and get caught up! Your son is darling!!!!! So gald you are doing well!

Our blog is bostonmccoys.blogspot.com
if you want to check it out!

And you FOR SURE brought SEXY back! You look great!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Shauna I am dying! I saw your link off of Laura's blog and I love you still. You look so good and are totally bringing sexy back with your gorgeous long hair, and your little guy is delicious! I miss you and hope you still freak out when the MTV awards are on! Check out my blog, I just started it it today, so not much there. I'll keep checking in on you! -Nancy (Craig) Johanson rembember me from way back when!
myblondeambitions.blogspot.com BYE!

hillary nicole said...

wow. what a post! the dance I went to last night played sexyback and I thought of you guys! Emie told me she wasn't tired at all the next day.. but I'm sure she crashed the day after! Have a safe trip home!

Anonymous said...

ok, i can't believe you told me to read that. i just might feel dumber now. and those security guards must have sucked hard core. like the ones that looked for beach balls on our persons at graduation. cause i did the exact same thing. and there's so many better concerts than jt, like brand new, weezer, saves the day, rooney, taking back sunday, cursive/against me!, death cab for cutie. but it was probly better than dashboard confessional. that show sucked. never see them live. i would've killed myself after that one if it weren't for a)brand new opened, and brand new is the best band of all time. and b)the hott girl i went with. man, she was smokin.