I have had a number of friends inspire me with their 100 Things, so I thought I would give it a try (Tiff, don't worry this includes at least 6 weird things!!). . .
1. I can't wink my right eye.
2. I shook President Ronald Reagan's hand when I was in Junior High.
3. I am impatient.
4. I think I'm really funny and laugh at my own jokes.
5. I would do anything for my sisters and brother.
6. I took 63 8th graders to Washington DC and 2 of the chaperones were my sisters- so fun!
7. I love the feeling of salt water on my body.
8. I love to snowboard with Doug.
9. I asked a lady at CPK if she was on the Bachelor, only to realize she was with her husband- Mark Maguire- I felt a little dumb!!
10. My favorite book is "To Kill a Mockingbird".
11. I'm the worst movie critic.
12. I'm NOT a morning person.
13. I'm a night owl.
14. I drove a Dodge Dynasty in high school/college that had a bench seat in the front.
15. I hate my terrible sideburns.
16. I played tennis and soccer in high school.
17. I talk a lot.
18. I love to travel.
19. Doug and I want to be on the Amazing Race soooooo bad!
20. I told Doug I loved him before he told me.
21. I love Hollywood gossip.
22. My friends mean the world to me.
23. I miss the ocean.
24. In 4th grade I told my class I had a pet dolphin that I kept in my tub.
25. I love to write Thank You cards.
26. I love going to the temple.
27. If I love something like a show, etc.- I share it with everyone.
28. I love fashion trends- who knew leggings would be back in.
29. I gave my Grandma fish nets for her birthday one year.
30. I make lists just to mark them off.
31. I hate getting ready and wait until the last possible minute.
32. I wanted to be a dolphin trainer when I was little.
33. I miss teaching.
34. A student once said to me, "Nice hooker boots Mrs. Brown" and all I could say was, "Thanks."
35. I learned to drive a stick in college.
36. I love to buy clothes.
37. When I buy a gift for someone, I get so excited and want to tell them what it is.
38. I love photos, especially my Grandpa's old ones- he was a photographer.
39. I love to dance.
40. I get frustrated easily.
41. My New Year's Resolution last year was to make my bed everyday- I missed a couple days, but not bad.
42. I love being with family.
43. My Grandparents have been together since 7th grade.
44. I got the worst perm in 6th grade and wouldn't go to church the next day.
45. Doug makes me laugh.
46. Jaden makes me laugh.
47. I make myself laugh.
48. I talk to my siblings a lot.
49. My in-laws are wonderful with Jaden- they love to babysit.
50. I stepped on a sand shark at T-Street and it scared me to death.
51. I love The Office.
52. I don't like fast food- except In-N-Out.
53. Cinnamon Life is one of my favorite foods.
54. I love my memory of going on a Daddy-Daughter Date with my Dad in AZ.
55. I miss the beach trailer more than I can describe.
56. I went toilet papering last year with a bunch of my girlfriends.
57. Doug's my best friend.
58. It makes me sad to watch the news.
59. I love to read, but have to be in the mood.
60. I wear my white long sleeve Shade under-tee all the time- I need another one.
61. I love wearing hats, but don't think I look real good in them.
62. Same with ponytails- remember the sideburns from #15.
63. I love dance music.
64. I was the 4th grade Hand Ball Champion and still have the blue ribbon.
65. I love V8.
66. I don't like seafood, but wish I did.
67. I love to share clothes with my sisters- it wasn't always that way!!!!
68. The pillow I sleep with used to be my parents- I think it has about 10 feathers in it- my family thinks it's DISGUSTING.
69. I lost my brand new Roxy coat that I never got to wear on my flight to CA.
70. I talked to Karl Malone at the beach.
71. I love Dido.
72. I would wear my Rainbows everyday if I could.
73. I love getting pedicures- "you want flower".
74. I shook it to Bootilicious at my wedding.
75. I miss my drive up Provo Canyon when I taught in Heber.
76. I don't miss the snowy drives up Provo Canyon.
77. Doug cleaned the snow off my car and warmed it up everyday when I was teaching.
78. I love to talk to grandparents and hear their stories.
79. I wish I could sing.
80. I used to play the violin and now I can't even read music.
81. I love the feeling of taking off your snowboard boots after a great day in the snow.
82. I love to be outside.
83. Jaden and I start swim lessons in a little over a week- so excited.
84. I try to be a little better each day.
85. I've learned so much from my Mom and Dad.
86. I always ask my sister Lisa about child issues and she always has the answer.
87. I was scared and excited when I found out I was pregnant.
88. I love teenagers and their many quirks.
89. I love the movie "You've Got Mail".
90. I haven't thrown up in a LONG time.
91. I got 2 stitches on my tongue when I was little because my sister Cara did a somersault on top of me.
92. I think too much at night.
93. I'm a terrible picker- I could sit in front of the mirror and pick for hours.
94. I love to work and earn money.
95. I love that my blog has reconnected me with so many dear friends!!
96. I burnt a hole through 4 layers of my wedding dress.
97. I love long talks with Doug or on the phone while I'm laying in bed.
98. The Gospel makes me happy.
99. I get sooooo excited when I visit family or they visit me- my Dad is coming this weekend!!
100. This was harder that I thought it would be!!
16 comments:
Shauna?! What the?! It's been - well, I don't know? My wife gets some random comments on the blog but this one was worth it. Glad to see your family (via your blog) are doing well, and that you have kept your fun spirit (see parade posters). Do I know your husband - he looks really familiar?! Anyways - glad to hear from you (here's quick update = Matt Pickett is married and has a little boy; Joe Wilson is also married and has two little girls.)
This is great Shauna - it totally made me miss you.
Might want to clarify #93 - or else people might get the wrong idea (although I know what you mean!)
I want Dave to read this just so he can read that Doug warmed up your car and cleared the snow everyday! What a sweetheart!
You are taking swim lessons? How cute is that? You are such a fun mom.
Tell me abut the wedding dress.
Fun, fun. Thx for the b-day wishes. You'll love the swim lessons at the rec center -- tons of fun and they get you out of the house. I hear the toddler classes there are fun, too (music and crafts). Miss ya :) xoxo
Your are the best Shauna. These are also the 100 reasons why we love you.
Dave
I love this Shauna. I agree with Tiffany. This list makes me miss you. You are hilarious. I would love nothing more than to just get together one night and dance and talk hollywood gossip.
I am also glad this blog made us re-connect. Keep in touch.
Mehrsa
Shawn ... that was SO cute! Miss you :)
Fun to read this and laugh out loud. I'd also suggest explaining what exactly it is that you pick for hours, that you offer deals to pick others', and that you announce over and over again that you have to go to bed, only to go pick for hours. :)
P.S. You look great in ponytails.
P.P.S. You never accept compliments from your sister Heather.
That was fun! Miss you!
Okay, here are some clarifications:
#93- I pick my face like crazy. It's the worst habit I have. There won't be any zits, but when I'm done picking, I look TERRIBLE!!! I have to stop. I have written notes and put them on my mirror to make me stop, I have had a bet with Doug, etc. nothing really works. I just need to wash my face with the light off. The worst part is that I will make deals with anyone to pop their zit. I know DISGUSTING!!! I will promise my brother a 20 minute back rub just for one zit. I really have a problem and I need major help! Everything that Heather said is true!!
Wedding Dress- Doug and I left the reception and were at the hotel (don't worry, this is G rated haha) telling the bell man want we wanted out of the back of the car. I was still in my wedding dress which was about 100 layers of tulle. The car was still running and I didn't realize my dress was right up against the exhaust pipe. It burnt a hole through at least 4 layers of tulle. I really need to get it fixed.
Yes, this list made me miss you too. And laugh. My fave was #4 because I do the same thing. I think I'm the only one who laughs at my jokes. Thanks for getting me into this blogging world.
Hi Shauna!! This is Sarah Rueckert (Thomas). I got to you through T's blog! I'm happy to see you haven't changed one bit, so funny! I loved that list and now I want to do one.
Shauna, I'm loving the list, I think you need to stay free of the Meth for a little while and then you won't pick your face so much! Just kidding. I'm loving that you love Hollywood gossip, we need to dish some time.
Shauna, that list is so funny. I don't know if I could think of 100 things, I might have to try it. See you in March.
wow! I love it. Since we're all talking about #93, I remember talking to you while you picked for hours when we were roomies. I think you even had me hooked for awhile. I call it harvesting. :) Great list. Why do we all live so far away?
found you from a blog of a blog... so fun to see everyone doing their 100 lists
I like #73- it reminds me when we all went to happy nails before your wedding and my sister answered yes every time the lady asked "you want flower?"
Post a Comment