Sunday, May 18, 2008

We've Made it a Week

We have survived a week and even went on our first adventure! Here's a quick recap:

I think what put me into labor was getting Bradli's room done. Last Saturday we put up the finishing touches and that's when I said to Doug, "I think I'm having contractions", but thought it was false labor. About an hour later, my water broke and we knew it was the real thing. At least Bradli's room was done!!!


My $10 dresser I got at a Garage Sale


This hutch was the worst to refinish, but it's done and I LOVE it!


My Mom has been the BEST!! She has helped me with some MAJOR and much needed spring cleaning. Thanks to her, I have gotten rid of a lot of junk! To give her a break from being Cinderella, Doug took Jaden and my Mom hiking one afternoon while I relaxed. They hiked Devil's Head and encountered some of that white stuff.



I LOVE this picture!!


Jaden is constantly giving Bradli kisses!

Our first adventure was going Downtown. We walked around, had dinner, and made it home without any major breakdowns!!


Lately, Jaden HATES wearing his church clothes so right when he gets home, he strips down and wants to wear his "regular" clothes. This smile is because his church shirt has been taken off.

This is what Bradli LOVES to do. . . catch some major ZZZZZs!

Relaxing with Dad!

One week down, a lot more to go!!

20 comments:

Monica said...

I LOVE Bradli's nursery!!!! You guys did such a great job!!! We can't wait to meet our first niece! She is adorable!! I love the dark hair, it's just like Jaden's when he was born!!! We love you and miss you!!

Nancy said...

You are doing awesome for your first week! I'm so impressed with your nursery, I love it. It's so cute!

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the hutch!! Totally worth the headache. Sounds like you've go this mother of two thing down! Hey, Annie and I are going to be in CO for a few weeks this summer. Let's get together!

Cara said...

I LOVE her room...It is SOOOOOOO cute!! I can't wait to see it. Only 44 more days!! Glad to see some closer pics of Bradli. She is soo sweet!!! I love Jaden's head band!! SOO CUTE PICS!!!

Emily M said...

i love bradli's room!! the tutu on the ballerina is SO cute!

SUMMER said...

Her room is adorable... she is adorable and you look adorable! CONGRATS!!! That is wonderful that she is finally here! She looks a lot like Jaden!!!

abbyandcompany said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray! The hutch pics are up...it looks great, as does the nursery! Great job.

PS-You look fabulous, girlie.

courtneyb said...

i love your style, that nursery is so cute! I love the little tutu, it's the perfect touch.

weller14 said...

bradli's nursey is so stinkin cute! way to go on taking her out and about the town. let me know when u are going to be in mv.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the nursery, I can't wait until tomorrow and I can see it in person. I love the little mannequin in the corner with a tutu on it! She is such a doll and I am so glad that you feel so great and can get out and about just like yourself. So CUTE!!!!!

Trisha said...

CONGRATS!!! I leave for a week, and look at your eventful life! Bradli is TOO cute. I love her room too. Glad everything went well. And - of course, I love the bag! Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Her room is SO cute-I LOVE that little manequin thing with the skirt on it, nice work!

Anonymous said...

My fav are the chinese lanterns above the crib...adorable. So glad her room was ready for her when she got here. I also love the half-nudie pic of Jaden in his church clothes!

Anonymous said...

Bradli room is so cute. Happy to hear you made it a week. Our little on is on the move. I have to baby proof the house more and more with every kid we have. She can get the plastic coverings off the ourlets. Can't wait to see you family again. Hope its sooner than later.

Robyn said...

Shauna! Congrats on your baby girl. I can't believe you went out after a week with both of them. You are awesome! I love her room. It belongs in a magazine.

I had the Sit and Stand stroller too, but just returned it because Trent would jump off the seat and turn around and touch Jenna the entire time I pushed it so I gave up and am getting the beast: a Duoglider! AHH! They're so heavy! I LOVED the Sit and Stand and almost wanted to keep it for when Trent's older. I'm sure Jaden is much more well behaved on it! Enjoy it, it's an awesome stroller and so easy to push.

Likely said...

Where have I been????? Ahhhhh!!!!!

I guess I tried to call you a while back to get in touch but I have been bad at checking blogs.

I am so happy for you! The room is darling and so is Bradli!

I am so glad to see these pics because now I know my little surprise is going to be perfect!

I love you and our family!

Anonymous said...

You were TOTALLY right ... the "accent" wall looks great with curtains. The room looks ADORABLE! And I love Jaden in his tie, too cute. I am SO happy for you and all of the love you have in your life :)

The Joslyn Family said...

Congratulations! She is so cute and so little! I can't believe how fast they grow. Congrats on getting a week behind you! Jayden is looking so grown up.

Plewe Fam said...

What a lucky girl to come home to such an awesome room. Sounds like everything went great and looks like big brother is already smitten with his new little lady. Enjoy them both and hopefully we'll get to meet her soon!

Amberli said...

i LOVE bradli's nursery! seriously, so cute and cozy!