Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh glorious VAIL!!

#1- Sorry if I grossed any of you out with my previous post! I just had to share that disturbing clip with you (thanks a lot Kara). I still can't believe all the crazy one liners: "Better than mangos." "I don't want to get bigger. I want breast milk." And my all time favorite "Child on one side, husband on the other." Those kids are going to grow-up real "normal"!!!

Here are a few pics from Vail. I promise, no breast feeding involved!

Jaden in front of the hotel



Swimming at the pool. Jaden has to wear his goggles at all times. Thanks Laura! We still owe you $4!

This kid has no fear! He starts swim lessons in July- thank goodness!

Bradli in her swim suit, eyes closed, and one sock!

In front of the hotel.

Going to dinner in the Village

On Saturday we decided to hike to Booth Falls. I got my butt kicked, but it was so worth it. Yeah, I'm out of shape BIG time!!

Doug's co-worker Kristen came with us and we had a great time!

SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!

I felt like Dora, over the hill, across the river, to Booth Falls.


We made it!!!

There was even some snow still at the top.

Look to the right of the picture and you can see the water fall.
On our way down we lost one.

We hiked like this the entire time- okay, stop laughing!

Beautiful Vail Village


We had such a wonderful time together as a family. We were able to celebrate Father's Day doing all the things Doug loves- eating Mexican, hiking, and spending time together.
We love you!!

17 comments:

Jenny said...

i love how adventurous you are!

Tim and Jennifer said...

It looks so pretty. I love the new picture of Jaden and Bradli

hillary nicole said...

Vail seems like a beautiful place! Looks like Bradli is adjusting well to the fast-paced Brown family! miss you guys

Emily M said...

how cool! i get so jealous every time you go on another hike. haha. i have to go on more. im sure there are some views close by that i've never even seen before.
im glad you are all doing well. Bradli looks great.
miss ya!!

Cara said...

SO glad you got to stay at the Vail Cascade...oh the memories we have there!! (urine hall, moon shadow!!) I bet Doug was in Heaven there!!! Looks like you have a blast. Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!

Trisha said...

Looks like a lot of fun...and it's so beautiful! By the way, didn't you just have a baby? Where is all of the "baby fat" that's supposed to be there? You look fabulous!!!

Emily M said...

haha ya im glad that i have gone up and stayed with hill twice now,just to see what it is really like. im excited now and want to try to get into the Y.

Kara said...

Wow, beautiful! You look great! I really want to see you, please tell me your coming to Park City!

knitaholic310 said...

Hey shauna, my email is tara78@mac.com
Your pictures are really cool! Collin and I are going to Spain and England in a couple weeks ALONE!!!!!!! It is for our 10 year anniversary and also he is graduation from Cambridge and doing research. You and Doug have so much fun together! LUCKY!!!

abbyandcompany said...

I'm so confused about the boob thing. Should I be watching the clip?

I think your photos make me want to move to colorado.

Nina said...

Shauna!!! How are you? I loved getting a picture of Jaden in the mail... what a sweetheart. And you guys all look fabulous. Congratulations on your little girl!!! How's the adjustment going?

Lots of love,

Christine

familia Bybaran said...

You guys are so cute. Way to bjorn and backpack and get out there. Good for you. Doesn't it make you wonder how you will ever make it with three? You look so great. Seriously.

The Gainors said...

your family is so beautiful! hey i need your address. email me if you can, melissagainor@hotmail

Ashley Park said...

Hey Shauna! Come leave me your email address on my blog so I can add you. I am taking my blog private and want to still keep in touch! Your little girl is darling. Getting big fast!

Ashley Park said...

ok, so I am sure you are busy and not checking much, but email me so i can add you! ashley.taylor@comcast.net

Rebecca Smylie said...

I love this. We honeymooned in Vail, isn't is stunning? And don't get me started on that little family and all of your out and aboutness

Emily Peterson said...

You bounced back fast Shauna! We miss you. Maybe your next adventure should be to China!! Come visit soon!