Sunday, August 03, 2008

Soooo overdue, it's not even funny!!

Pretty much I should use the excuse of a second child for the reason I haven't been blogging, but that's not it at all. I haven't felt like being on the computer. Maybe it's the summer weather and all I want to do is be outside, or maybe it's just blogger burn-out once again. Whatever it is, I still have it, but I am forcing myself to post so I have these great memories documented. Poor Bradli is getting the major shaft on the blog, so I need to step it up- ugh!!!

Here's a recap and let me tell you, it's full of pictures, pictures, and even more pictures!!

We blessed Bradli Ruth on June 22nd. My Mom wasn't able to make it because my sister Lisa had just had Brady and needed help. She had to have an emergency c-section and thank goodness everyone is doing great. My Dad came and even flew out "The One and Only" Grandma Ruth for the blessing. It was so special to have Bradli's name sake to share the special day with us. It was even more perfect because it happened to be Grandma's B-day!





Bradli may seem real innocent, but right at the end of the blessing she threw-up all over Doug and the Bishop- oops!

After the blessing we had a wonderful dinner at Doug's parents house.

I even made my first apple pie for my Grandma's B-day. It's her favorite dessert.




The very next week was a hard week for my whole family. My Grandpa Ernie got sick and passed away . It was unexpected and difficult for all of us, but the opportunity to reflect on his INCREDIBLE life was comforting. Just knowing I will get to see him again and make dribble sand castles with him gives me comfort. I just wish he could have held Bradli like he did Jaden.

My sister Cara and I when I was about 4, making dribble sandcastles with my Grandpa.
Last summer with the Great Grandkids, they now have 3 more.
79th B-day at Disneyland

He was an incredible photographer and thanks to him, we all have thousands of pictures full of memories.

I love you and miss you Grandpa!!

We were able to be in CA for the 4th and had a great time. We were all pretty drained from the previous week so we took it easy. We didn't get down to the beach until about 1 and decided to watch fireworks from my parent's house, which turned into quite the party.

The crazy crew


My Mom "works-out" on the Health Rider which has been a long time joke in our family. We took advantage of the situation and decided to pose on the beautiful piece of machinery.







My very single and HOT brother and sister- hint hint :)


We turned the trip into our annual summer visit. I stayed for 3 weeks and Doug was lucky enough to spend quite a bit of time with us, now that his company's headquarters are in Carlsbad- PERFECT!!

All Jaden wanted to do was "surf" with his best buddy, Matthew.


Having some pool fun with Lindsay

The Orange County Fair with Melissa and her family

Irvine Spectrum

Montage Beach


Balboa Island


Bradli's normal position at the beach

Dinner date with Suzanne

Jaden decided to be our photographer

Lunch with Grandma

She is so strong and so beautiful!!

Cousin Emily and Bradli

Golfing with Lindsay


Being a big brother
We were able to meet our friend Robyn at the pool. Jaden and Trent are about 1 month apart.

Bradli and Jenna are also about 1 month apart- too fun!

Dana Point Harbor with the Bergens

Funny faces!!


Mike's a natural!

Now this is the craziest thing ever! We ran into our friends Scott and Kelli at In-N-Out. Scott and Doug were companions on their Mission as well as roommates at BYU. Kelli and I lived in the same apartment complex at BYU. We haven't seen each other in FOREVER and now they are moving right by my parents! Such a treat for us when we visit!!

Now that we're home we have been spending TONS of time at the pool with friends, especially Laura, Alexa, and Dallin- don't move!!!!

Grandma gets to come and play with us too!

Jaden loves the water and took swimming lessons all last week. He's a fish!

Now to brag about my husband!! Doug and his buddy Mike completed the Copper Triangle Bike Race yesterday! They biked 80 miles up the mountains- watch out Lance Armstrong! They went from Copper Mountain, up Vail Pass, over to Leadville, and back to Copper- CRAZY!




Doug did an amazing job and we were there to cheer him on!!

Afterwards we hung around and found this huge chair. Perfect for some pictures.


This is my favorite!!

"Mom, what are you doing to me??!!"

After a long day, they CRASHED and now I am! Until the next post, Good Night!

12 comments:

Cara said...

Glad to see all the pictures!! It still makes me cry when I read about grandpa.

Nice PACKAGE Doug!!!!!!

You need to take a picture of Bradli every year at that chair!! Soo cute!!! Jaden too!!

Anonymous said...

Shauna...I don't think that post was long enough. It looks like you guys have been having a great time. Glad to see Doug survived the bike race.

Dave

Nancy said...

You're alive! So fun to catch up on you, Bradli is getting to be so darling, she looks just like Jaden, and sorry about your grandpa. Looks like you had fun in Cali, I am going for a girls' weekend in 3 weeks, can't wait! Heard you met my friend Stephanie, too bad you don't live there, we could meet up!

Mandy said...

Great pictures. Glad to see you're still a blogger. Jaden and Bradli are so cute. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Looks like you guys have had a busy summer. Call us next time you're in town. We'd love to see you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally posted and put up lots of pictures-I love the photo of the family in the big chair. We miss you! Matt goes through Jaden withdrawals everyday and I miss him outlining my face with his finger while I'm trying to sleep. :) Love those little fingers!

Anonymous said...

Well that was a blog post. Love the catch-up!! You look tiny in your pencil skirt... can't believe you just had a baby:> Just getting home and into the swing of things, hopefully we can catch-up this week!

Robyn said...

Wow, I loved the update! Great pictures! Bradli looks beautiful in her blessing dress. That is the cutest picture of Trent and Jaden in the pool. It was so good to see you and your cute kids. Congrats Doug on the big race too! What an awesome bike rider!

Tim and Jennifer said...

I love all the [ics! Bradli is SO cute. I remember your Grandpa and his kindness too. You look AMAZING. I'm jealous

The Joslyn Family said...

Great Pictures! Looks like you guys have been busy. Bradli is so cute and petite! I love the picture of her in the chair. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Thanks for the update. It's fun to see what you guys are up to.

Trisha said...

Nice update! Great pictures...I love the blessing pictures. TOO CUTE! I wish I would have called to check on you being in Cali...I just assumed you wouldn't be visiting the same time I was out there with the fam. Oh well - I guess a special trip to Colorado or another girls vacation will have to do! :)

familia Bybaran said...

Way to catch up! My comments in order:

1. She is BEAUTIFUL! So gorgeous.
2. YOU cannot look that good at the baby blessing!!! It's unbelievable Shauna.
3. I am so sorry about your Grandfather's passing.
4. It looks like you had an amazing time in Balboa and Newport. Funny because we just got back from there too.
5. I love the picture of your kids in that chair. It's a good thing babies can't talk or roll their eyes at the poses we put them in. I love it though.

Mehrsa

Anonymous said...

I love looking at your blog. You are always doing something fun. It has been to long since we have seen you guys. Looks like your having a good time. Your kids are so cute. I love that picture of Bradli in the big white chair.