Sunday, November 26, 2006

A "Full" Thanksgiving Weekend


Happy belated Thanksgiving!! We had a great Thanksgiving weekend with friends and family. Jaden made his annual (I guess this is the second year) of turkey name tags. At least I can see that his hands have grown from last year. We played a little tennis in the morning and then went over to Doug's parents for a very DELICIOUS Thanksgiving feast- YUMMY!! Of course we ate too much, thanks to Karen's great cooking. Our friends the Parkers came with us, which made the day quite entertaining with a 5 year old and a 3 year old. We played football in the backyard with the kids. Doug threw the ball to Aspen which nailed her in the nose. Tears were shed and then she told Doug's Dad on him- hillarious! Besides the football injury, it was a wonderful day.
(Jaden making his turkey handprint)

(The final product)


Since the weather has been so nice we (Doug) put up the Christmas lights. Doug even climed on the roof to hang a wreath. I still can't believe Christmas is so soon. That means one thing- CALIFORNIA here we come!!! We go on the 27th and I can't wait. Saturday we took the Light Rail Downtown which was a lot of fun. Denver isn't exactly NYC, but the Christmas spirit was there for sure. Public Transportation is quite an experience with a 1 year old. He loved all the sounds and lights. I think we could earn some extra cash by letting Jaden ride the train and entertain those around us. He can be quite the performer.

(Doug hanging the wreath)


Today was a great Sunday!! After church we went to our friend's the Barentsens' for dinner. They are moving to CA on Fri., so we had to try and eat all of their frozen chicken. Being with their family made us so sad. We are going to miss them terribly!! Jaden LOVES to play with Ellie. They are just a perfect match for us!! Doug loves to mountain bike and do anything active with Chris and Kara is just the perfect friend. We have so much fun together. They make us laugh constantly and are as crazy as we are. I mean, who else plays laser tag and goes toilet papering when she's 8 months pregnant??!! They really are the BEST!

(I found this picture and couldn't resist, by the way, Jaden made it on the front page of the newspaper in his costume)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's crazy how close christmas is. We need to hang our lights before it get any colder.
SS

Anonymous said...

Oh, this post made me miss you guys. I wish we could've all hung out at the Barentsens for dinner together. Ok...and get this....GUESS who just bought my first pair of bike shoes and might just buy a mountain bike. ME! haha...oh yes, the south is changing me. Time to move back to Denver! :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

so cute! We will be in Colorado for the holidays next year. weird huh? Jaden is such a doll, much cuter than that Federline kid.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the place cards. Please tell me he will have to do them when he is sixteen...

Jaden: "Aww Mom! Do I HAVE to make those place cards again this year?"

Mom:"You better believe it buddy! Remember what happened last year when you complained? Remember who ate your portion of the pumpkin pie? That's right, your Dad did, because you were too busy playing Mr.I-am-too-old-to-make-place-cards

- Get on it buddy or you can kiss your pie away again this year!!!"

P.S - Buddy is such a Shauna word.

Shauna Brown said...

Buddy- stick your hand in that paint and make a turkey or no cruising in the Dyna today!

Anonymous said...

How does Doug always manage to injure lil kids playing sports?

Anonymous said...

I love the chicken costume and i'm seriously impressed with your turkey name tags!

Saunders Family said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving, I know Lisa was missing you guys up here. Smart idea with the lights, we should have put them up early because it's a little to late now, burrrrrrrrrr.

Sandra