Monday, April 16, 2007
Why?
I feel so terrible and helpless for all the people involved with the Virginia Tech Massacre. Has our world really come to this? It saddens me that these tragedies are our reality. When I was teaching we would have lock-down drills and many of my students would ask me why we had to have them. I would say, "Don't you remember the shootings in Columbine?". I didn't realize that many of my middle school students were too young to remember and I would think "How lucky they are to not have that memory". Well, now they understand. My heart and prayers go out to the victim's families and friends. I also think about the shooter's family. I'm sure they need our prayers as well. In a time like this, love those people in your life a little bit more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We live in such a scary world don't we? I went to Dallas' kindergarten orientation mtg. the other night and they too were talking about "lock-down drills." That put things into scary perspective for me. We never had anything like that growing up. It almost makes you want to homeschool, through college!
We are not very far from VT and the gunman was from a city about thirty minutes from where we live, so it is very hard to be in Virginia right now. Alexa keeps asking what everyone is talking about. I am scared about her being in this scary world too. I guess our part is doing our best to spread love throughout our communities.
Post a Comment