Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wife Swap

It's true, I'm here in Calgary and my sister is probably laying out and eating chips and salsa in Cabo, but I promise, I'm not jealous because we have this. . .
SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I did get to spend time with Lisa before she left and we did the essentials. . .
Trip to Ikea for some fun goodies!

Telus science Center

And a quick trip to the moon.


I'll admit, I've gone a little crazy being inside, but we've been having a great time!
Uncle Dave with the boys.

We went to the gym so we could all run around.




I've even introduced the kids to silly string and water balloons (sorry Lisa)!





Last night Dave and I went to the Calgary Flames vs. Colorado Avalanche Hockey Game. I've never been a real hockey fan, but I found myslef cheering for the Avalanche as I was surrounded by a sea of Flames fans. Colorado won 4-3! Sorry Dave:)

This was hilarious! The "Indian" had all the Village People as dummies while he danced to Macho Man and YMCA.


12 comments:

The Giles said...

Great pics! I love the one of Jaden hanging from the bars and all the silly string. What a cool mom you are.

Rebecca Smylie said...

Amen to you being a cool mom. Cool aunt, whatever. Why is your boy the most adorable ever? AND--good call on those Ikea baskets. I have them and love them.

Robyn said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast. Jaden looks so grown up with his cousins. It looks like he needs some chains for his Little Tykes car tires!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping I'd find an update tonight! First off, when did Lisa acquire THAT sassy (polk-a-dot) shirt?! Nice. Second, I hope you had a wonderful Birthday! Third, did you guys teach Lisa any spanish for Cabo?! So she could teach it to mom?!?! Ikea...all I can think of is blowing my nose! and chicken fried steak or something...

Elizabeth said...

The silly string and balloons make it seem like you're more than "surviving" your babysitting trip! Hmmm, I think you've inspired me to put silly string in Andrew's Easter basket!

Marci said...

What a fun trip! I love the silly string... It's snowing here, so maybe I'll pull that out for Sam on these inside days.

Anonymous said...

Did Lisa go to Cabo by herself? You look like you are having a great time. Maybe we will have to have you come babysit for us:) Jaden is so adorable, especially the one where he is hanging from the bars. Such fun!!!!

Nancy said...

Fun with the brother in law, didn't realize your sister was leaving him behind! Looks like you're having fun, you may as well be in mars from here, it definately is getting to be summer, can't believe it's snowing somewhere else on the planet!

Annie said...

Shauna,
I can not believe that I forgot your birthday. When I saw the cake pictures I about died! It doesn't surprise me seeing as I have lost my keys everyday for the past two weeks. Looks like you had a great "wife swap." Who's at home putting Doug in his place? :)

courtneyb said...

will I be seeing you this month? did you fill the Spain jar?

Lisa Michelle said...

Yowza - good times for sure! Ditto on Lisa's supercute polka-dot shirt - I love it. And that Village People dude on the ice is cracking me up!!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

You just can't escape the snow, can you? It looks like you had a great time with the kids and got to experience true Canada interests - hockey!