Sunday, September 16, 2007

Didn't get done what I was supposed to get done, but who cares- not the mouse!!

I'm the worst!!! I was supposed to get a number of things done this weekend like:

1. Clean out the garage and buy mouse poison- there's a mouse in there, I have seen the little guy or girl scurry around and found some droppings, I know, gross!!

2. DUST- it's needed- black furniture doesn't hide much!

3. Vacuum- light carpet doesn't hide dark hair or remnants of Jaden's breakfast!

4. Paint my bedroom- who am I kidding, I have been meaning to do that for the last 2 years!!

Instead I:

Got together with Whitney and her sister Chelsea who came to visit from CA.

Was psycho and went to the "Day Out with Thomas" in Golden, CO (yeah, the beer capitol for Coors) by myself, since Doug was out of town. We had to be bussed to the Railroad Museum, due to the number of Thomas fans.

Jaden on the bus. He thought it was so cool


Thomas made out of Legos.


He was not a fan of the petting zoo!

The actual Thomas train that drove us around for 25 minutes- ugh!


And went bowling with the Beehives, with some fatherless children!

I have next weekend, right??

13 comments:

Clair said...

Um, no. Because next weekend you are with US!! Woohoo!!! :)

Annie said...

I hate that there is always chores to be done. You're seriously the best mom...do you ever stay at home? You're constantly taking Jaden on little adventures. I love the turquoise leopard shirt it's so fierce and chic.

The Giles said...

Well, I have a list of things that I'm suppose to be doing right now. And what am I doing??? Blogging. That's right Shauna, you got me hooked on this.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh! I love Chelsea...I would've married Markell just to get to know her better. Looks like fun. You are one kind mom--I hate thomas the train! haha.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like you are getting chores done next weekend either 'punker chick.' I seriously can't wait to see pics. And I am totally with you and the dark furniture...you could spend your whole life dusting the stuff. Oh well, in our next lives we will buy nothing but pine and go on adventures without a dusting care in the world:>

Likely said...

Dude, did you bleach J's hair or what? He is so backstreet!

That bench pic is funny too, looks like he is too heavy for it.

The dust will always be there....

But hopefully the mouse won't be? Rent a cat?

The Staffieri Family said...

What a great weekend you had without Doug around. No need for chores. You have to stay busy when the guys are gone! Fun Thomas train ride. Nicolas and Scotty would have loved that! It was so fun to see you!

Nancy said...

Just start putting the fun stuff at the top of the list, and then you will really feel like you've accomplished something! You're such a fun mom, really I say that takes priority every day.

SUMMER said...

Life is too short to work and do chores!!! It is all about playing! That is my motto at least... maybe that is why my house is always a mess!!! Oh well!

familia Bybaran said...

You do the coolest things with Jaden. I love his look at the thought of petting nasty cows. "Are you kidding me?" I am with him on that.

Unknown said...

Shauna, don't ever let me catch you dusting when there are life-size Thomas trains made out of legos. My gosh.

Shaneen said...

Hey Shauna! Who would have thought I would find your blog through other friends' blogs! Some of our good friends are Todd Fitch's brother and his wife. I saw pics of you and then found your blog! It's too cute! See you at YW!

The Plewe Clan said...

Love that Thomas the train! We did it here with Della last year! The boys loved it! Forget the house work...playing with Thomas is so much more important!