Sunday, March 18, 2007

Cha Cha Cha Suzanne Shaw

What makes a great weekend you ask? Nothing better than a visit from your best friend from high school- Suzanne Shaw! Now what's the Cha Cha Cha all about? Suzanne was the STAR volleyball player and that was the chant we (including all of her many male fans) chanted at her V-ball games. What great memories we share, including the packed weekend we just had! As soon as Suzanne got off the plane, we were off. On Saturday we hit the slopes at Vail wearing our green shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day. The weather was incredible but the snow caused some sore body parts, thanks to some moguls we encountered- not fun on a snowboard!


We then made a very FAST turnaround and were off to the Mat Kearney Concert Downtown. It was awesome! A British group The Feeling and a guy named Rocco Deluca opened for him. All 3 groups sounded incredible live. I highly recommend downloading their music! Doug and I also realized this was the first real concert we have been to together (poor guy didn't go to JT with me:(). I felt so hip, but could feel my age thanks to standing for over 3 hours- my feet were killing me!!


We tried to take it easy today. Jaden really wanted Suzanne to relax, so he decided to do her hair and boy did it look fantastic! (Ignore the bluriness- my camera is acting crazy)



Suzanne- Thanks for making the trip to come see us! We love you to death and miss you already! I think I heard Jaden chanting "Cha Cha Cha Suzanne Shaw" in his crib!! Oh wait, that was his CD player on repeat play haha!!

10 comments:

weller14 said...

shauna!! hey, it is jenny weller. i found u thru courtney's blog. please email me! i havent gotten my whole blog page up and running yet.

jenadina14@hotmail.com

jw

Likely said...

Suzanne is the cutest. I guess it's my turn for a CO visit! I am jealous you guys are boarding.

Anonymous said...

What a great job Jaden did with Suzanne's hair, finally someone in our family is learning the tricks of the trade! Who is this guy you saw in concert?! What a fun weekend you all had!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you kill me with the "star" and seriously, I am SO not photogenic :) Anyways, thanks for a GREAT weekend, I had SO much fun and will definitely have to get up there again in the near future. And Tiffany you also need to get up there soon, its a blast.

BTW ... Im' sorry I couldn't answer your call this morning, I was in Court and I'm pretty sure the judge wouldn't like it too much if I answered your call in front of him :) Anyways ... hope you liked my little treat, its not much, but I thought it was cute and appropriate for Denver weather! Miss you and Thanks again!!

Nancy said...

Looks like fun, can't believe other places on this planet still have snow, it's so dang hot here!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I think I need to come visit you next, I miss CO and you guys so much! Oh and how do I make an appt with Jaden, I'm sure he's booked out months in advance, but it looks worth it!

Lisa Michelle said...

How fun! Visits from friends are the best!! Jaden looks like a natural with the brush -- does he practice on you? :)

Robyn said...

Cute pictures and I'm so glad I finally got to "meet" the famous Suzanne Shaw! I think she know Trent's wife Lindsey and went to an ivy league to play volleyball? I've heard nothing but nice things about her from Dave. I think they went to prom twice! She looks very nice and he had fun reading this post and seeing the pictures. Nice that you get to go snowboarding so close to home. Little Jaden is doing a nice job with the hair!

Chris said...

I am so jealous of seeing you in arizona. A little favor. I am going to Utah this summer with the scouts and we are going to go mountain biking. Can you ask Doug where the best place to go is? And if he knows of a cheap place to rent bikes and helmets. Thanks.