I'm feeling sooooo good right now!! I'll get to the weekend in a minute. I just got off the phone with Wells Fargo and Cingluar. Usually I'm not real happy when I have to call these "institutions", but this time I WON!! Let me explain. I don't know what my deal is but I paid my credit card bill one day late and I was slapped with a $35 late fee. I called Wells Fargo and got the fee reversed!!! Thank goodness to a great credit history! I have now signed up for automatic payments. Now to Cingular. When I was in CA for 3 weeks, I didn't realize how much I used my phone. Well, needless to say I went over my minutes which was going to cost me $88.70 in overage charges. That's over twice the amount of my usual bill. I was NOT happy. I called Cingular and after some small talk about the Super Bowl- yeah I was warming Jim up, too bad he's a Bears fan- oops, I was able to get Jim to reverse the entire overage charge- $88.70. I saved us $123.70 in just 15 minutes. THANK GOODNESS!!
Now to the weekend. My Dad had a business meeting up at Copper Mountain, so we drove up late Friday night and spent the night with him. We then went snowboarding/skiing on Saturday. It was so windy at the top. It had snowed Fri. night and Sat. morning, but there was no new snow due to the CRAZY wind. Pretty wild. Before he left to go back to warm CA, he took us to The Denver Chop House for an early dinner. The food, to die for. It was so great minus Jaden throwing rice and a french fry- he does have a great arm. Thanks so much Dad for a wonderful weekend and for filling our tummies with such a yummy dinner!!


9 comments:
You would do so well at Nordstrom!
Seriously, that DOES feel amazing. I am quite familiar with both getting fees reversed and trying to talk to heartless people who couldn't care less! What I learned from you is chatting with them first!! Great idea. And great pictures, your son is a babe.
So I've been MIA all week in the blog world, but looks like you've had fun. Got your message about being in AZ in March, can't wait to see you, call me! Email me and I'll give you my #.
First, congrats on the win with your cell phone company! I should have called and chatted with Jim, Dan, or whomever at Verizon. My christmas bill was $174 over!! Yikes!
Second, a weekend at Copper Mountain melts my heart! I miss my Colorado mountains!
Way to go on the reversed charges. I still want to call my credit card for a late fee because the payment was due on Christmas day. Give me a break!
Can you work some of your magic on my bills?
I saw an Oprah about that once - JUST ASK! It doesn't hurt! -- is what they said. Fabulous job Shauna, what a thrill!
As for snowboarding, I've heard enough girlfriend ENOUGH! I want to go so bad. I haven't been in two seasons now. blah.
Why is your dad so cute??? And your mom too while I am at it.
It's nice to hear you call him Dad instead of Roger.... Do you still call him by his first name sometimes?
Tiff-
I never really call him Roger,only to be funny! Come out here and go snowboarding with me!!! Jaden and Max could hang out! We would have sooo much fun!
Post a Comment