Tuesday, May 08, 2007

#2- Sevilla- A highlight of the trip!

After we spent 1 night in Madrid we made our way down south to Sevilla.

1st we stopped in Trujillo- an amazing ancient town where many of the conquistadors are from. What fascinated me were the kids that were in school in that old castle like building. I don't think I could have taught Spanish there, that's for sure!!


We made it to Sevilla and had to go to a Flamenco Show at Los Gallos. It was unbelievable.


I thought I was a Flamenco dancer after the show!

Now this was my FAVORITE (you can tell by all the pictures)!!!!!!! We were in Sevilla during the Feria which is the huge Fair they have. It's about a week long and all the women and little girls dress in their AMAZING and expensive (300 Euros- I wanted to buy one) Flamenco dresses. They were to die for. Bright colors, polka-dots, etc. The men dress in these fabulous suits and they party hard all day and night. When we checked out of our hotel the next morning a group of guys were just coming in at 7:30am. Oh to be young again! I wanted so bad to be a Sevillana, it was crazy.




I loved this! Everyone cruised to the Feria on their Mopeds in their outfits. I was beyond jealous!


Not the same!

I loved seeing the Mom's push their kids in their strollers wearing those great dresses- sorry for all of the behind shots. I think her son caught me in action! :)

This made Doug and I chuckle a bit- I know we're real mature!

I had to try one on, I mean it was polka-dots. They sure are tight!

Entrance to the Feria- they don't mess around!



Now there were 100's of these tents. We wanted to get in one so bad, but they are each private with their own security guard, band, cook, and all the fun in the world. Needless to say, we were jealous!


On one end was the hugest carnival ever with the craziest/ scariest rides that would never be allowed in the States. Doug and I just sat and watched. We were dying laughing, seeing these people risk their lives. It was unbelievable!


This was by far a highlight of our trip. Just the culture alone was so rich. If any of you get a chance to go to Spain, you have to go to Sevilla during the Feria. Words can't describe how amazing it is!

16 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, I am sooo jealous. That looks so fun!!! I love the polka dots. By the way, you look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Perdidos...hahahaha! Shouldn't it be Perdidoths?! Such good blogging, keep it up. Did you pick up any Flamenco moves to teach Jaden?

familia Bybaran said...

You look hot in those dresses and you have good flamenco form. Cool that you got to be there during the festival. I love to hear about your fun trip. I can go there again vicariously.

Likely said...

How much was that polka dot dress? 300 Euros is what? You should have bought it. What I would give to see Shauna Cat a la inglesia with a flamenco dress on.

I would have taken a bazilian pics of those dresses too - AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Shauna, it was so great talking with you yesterday. I think I could have talked for the rest of the night if Jeff hadn't demanded dinner. I can't wait to be close to you again. I am so jealous of your trip. You look amazing in the polka dots and it looks like you could be a flamenco for sure. Great pics

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Hey sexy girl! I love all these pictures and I am sooo jealous of what looks to be an amazing trip! I agree you should have bought that dress, you only live once you know (ha ha)!

Chris said...

As a guy I say forget the dress. Waaaay to much money.

PS. America missed you.

Lisa Michelle said...

Hey hey! Welcome back! Oh my word, those dresses ARE to die for!! I am so glad you tried one on - and polka dots... oh, words are not enough! You look like a babe. Looks like such a fun trip!

ps - I went to school with a guy whose last name was Trujillo... you are bringing back memories of my Inner City days, Shauna. ;)

Clair said...

I would pay big money to see you pushing your stroller around the meadows in one of those dresses. What a great trip you had!!

Clair said...

p.s. Could you BE any cuter?! You are the hottest mama I know! Brrroooowwwwww! :)

Clair said...

p.p.s. Yes, the dream was in color, and it was very romantic :) hahaha. Have I left enough comments today, or what?

The Thomas Family said...

Looks like you had an amazing time!! Jealous. And not to sound repetitive, but that dress really is fabulous!

weller14 said...

amazing! u are making me more and more excited to be in spain in aug.

Nancy said...

Looking good Shauna! You were born to be a Flamenco, I think you should look for a dress on Ebay, I'm sure you could find a good deal!

Robyn said...

Yes, you look hot. I like the one of you posing like a flamingo dancer. Flamenco. Please post more pictures.

I didn't know you stayed at a hostile. It looked like a nice hotel! At least it had a nice view. What a beautiful country and what beautiful, carefree people driving around in dresses on mopeds.

Lorraine said...

I am so jealous that you made it to Sevilla during the Feria- we tried to make it but it didn't coincide with our spring break dates for our trip. I loved looking at your photos of all of the flamenco women. You look HOT in that flamenco dress! Sevilla was my favorite part of our trip for sure.