Eating at an Italian restaurant. We were so starved we had a pizza, lasagna, and of course Doug had to have Spanish Tortilla.

We were very happy now that we had eaten!

This could be Laguna!

Swimming in the Mediterranean Sea!!


A group of men going out to fish in a very old boat.

Doug's parallel parking job- not much room for our little car.

Driving up to Granada was amazing. The views were incredible and I couldn't believe all the open land along the coast. I wouldn't mind an acre or 2!

Now this was HILARIOUS!!! We finally got to Granada around 11PM. We were sandy, salty, hungry, and still in our bathing suits. Doug knew where our hostel was, but we couldn't get to it because the road it was on had a security gate. We finally parked our car and walked to it so we could get the code. Well, going back to our car we got soooo LOST! The roads in Granada are crazy and tiny. We probably hunted for our car for a good hour and just laughed when we finally found it. Notice how narrow the street is that Doug is on.

The road that our hostel was on (morning). Notice the pylons on the side of the street. When we finally found the hostel Doug parked up on the curb and hit a pylon and the top went rolling down the street. Everyone was staring at us and I practically peed my pants from laughing so hard. It had been a very LONG day!

Granada is famous for The Alhambra. It was a Moorish Palace that was eventually taken over by the Spanish in 1492. It was unbelievable. I rented a head set which helped me to understand and appreciate this palace. Otherwise, I would have been bored- I know sad, but it's true.



The gardens were beautiful and smelt amazing. It was so calming because you could hear water running throughout the entire garden and it was enormous!





The architecture was incredible. The detail was unlike anything I had ever seen.



We left Granada and made our way North towards Toledo. We stopped at La Mancha where we saw the famous windmills from Don Quixote. I had to read that book in Spanish and it all made sense now! I could have used this trip during my Spanish days.


Next stop Toledo. . .
8 comments:
Gorgeous pictures! I feel like I'm learning something new about Spain every time you post something new. I've heard of La Mancha before. Is there a song about it? Nice beach pictures. It is so beautiful.
Looks fun, fun, fun. Is smelt a word?
Aw, the photo by the windmills is so cute. I feel like I'm watching Amazing Race when I look at all of these sepctacular photos. Are those giant sting rays in the photo you called Laguna? Ay carumba!
Seriously, stop rubbing it in!! Just kidding... it looks like so much fun! And no, I think it's smelled. I could be wrong.
I am loving the travel log! What a great trip. Can't wait to hear about Toledo.
Hey-man! T-I-G-E-R-S (repeat). How are you? I love your blog. It is hilarious... I am glad you have not changed and are still the same funny Shauna. Your trip looked so fun! Your little boy is adorable. Take care... Summer Thacker
Rad pics. I especially like the one with you walking down that path with the tall sides. That looks like the front of a card or something.
I love Granada. You took some amazing pictures.
Post a Comment