Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Grandma Brown/ Great-Grandma Brown

Our Memorial Weekend was bitter sweet for the Brown Family. We had the opportunity to drive to Elko, NV for a Memorial Service for Grandma Brown. She had been sick for quite some time, so her passing was a blessing, yet very trying for all who loved her so much. It was wonderful to be with family and celebrate her incredible life. It was fun to see cousins and spend time together. Jaden was lucky enough to visit her when we were in Spain and share some special time with her.

Jaden was the best traveler ever!! He never watches movies, but was glued to Elmo and Nemo for the entire 12 hour drive.

Snacking on some McNuggets!

Brown Family outside the church

After the Service we went to Johnny Apple Seed Park to run around. Doug used to play here as a kid and still loves it!
Jaden and Aunt Monica

Uncle Joel and Aunt Monica

Jaden wanted to get up there so bad!


Getting ready to take a family picture up in the mountains.

The Brown Family

Monica, Joel, and Kimberly

Jaden is such a boy. He loved getting in the mud to throw rocks.


He was chasing after me!

David and Amanda

My favorite little guy!

Aunt Bev and Kimberly

Sunday we drove back to Salt Lake and were able to spend some time with Grandma June and Grandpa Osguthorpe.


After spending the night at Aunt Monica's and Uncle Joel's BEAUTIFUL home, we made our way back to CO!

11 comments:

hillary nicole said...

Jaden is becoming so handsome! I can't wait to see him this summer. We definitely need to have a dance party when you are lisa are here :)
p.s. osguthorpe- now that's a name!

Annie said...

Jaden is cutest little guy I've ever seen! Good Work! It seems like yesterday we were at Meg's bridal shower and you were secretly prego.

Likely said...

my fav pic is the rock throwing mud playing one.

Max has been seriously into throwing EVERYTHING lately. I know you said that Jaden does the same thing. Annoying after awhile eh?

Even if he likes his food he throws it. weirdo.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Doug's grandma. My condolences.


Glad to hear you had a chance to hang out with family and celebrate her life though. And as always, Jaden is SO freakin cute!

Nancy said...

Sorry about Doug's grandma, but looks like you guys made the best of the trip. I love the pic of Jaiden in the sun glasses, so funny!

Jenny said...

Jaden is looking so cute! That was weird seeing my cousin Joel on your blog, I always forget about that connection. I was also just thinking that I have a grandma brown too...maybe I am related to Doug somehow! Except if i was related to doug, joel would be too and i think you see where i'm going with this...

Robyn said...

Shauna, Jaden is awesome. I wish he could play with Trent. I thought you were coming here when I first read your post. I hope we'll see you the next time you're down here. Sorry about Doug's grandma.

Anonymous said...

Nice work on posting lots of photos! Chicken mcnuggets?! Sunglasses?! Flip flops?! He is such a character!!

Anonymous said...

Jaden is simply adorable!!! He looks very huggable and like a little teddy bear! He is a good combo of the two of you. Your trip seemed really fun. It is always nice to just get away from the everyday routine. Oh yeah- you just got back from that being in Europe too! World Traveler! You look great Shauna and are so tiny!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Too cute, I love that kid! I mean Jaden, of course!

The Thomas Family said...

You really do look great in every picture you take!! Or at least the ones you post on the blog... :)
Jaden is a babe!