Thursday, May 17, 2007

Death to our Jeep

Our Jeep died- literally!! I have been without a car since last Friday and I am going crazy! We are looking at Passats, any other suggestions??

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love our pilot, and we think when we buy another car we would love the Volvo XC90. Too bad the jeep died, what happened? By the way I love the Spain travel log. It feels like we got to go with you. Great pictures.

Leah said...

We got a Suburu Outback---luuuuuuuuv it!

Anonymous said...

We have had our fair share of car problems lately as well. My dream car is also the Volvo XC90... very pricey though. I got a Toyota Seqouia in november and LOVE it! It has been my favorite car and they are long lasting. I got mine used and you can find some pretty good deals on them.

Annie said...

If I were to get a new car today, I would make sure that it could fit more than two carseats and two adults. I really want a pilot, the Volvo, or the new Audi 7 seater. I actually saw a car yesterday that I really liked and was shocked that I liked it when I found out it was a Ford. It was the new ford suv/crossover. good luck!

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
courtneyb said...

i love my suburban!!!! i know you want a lot of kids, might as well invest now in a nice 4x4 burb :) i do love it, i told ryan there is no way I'm selling it when we moved here then he offered to buy me a newer model when we got home. hehe

Amy Christine said...

i've got a passat and i love it. BUT it's definitely a car for small families. we'll have to trade it in or sell it at some point.

Clair said...

I know you said you were thinking of having NO. 2 baby sometime in the near future. So just try to envision two carseats in your new car and fitting in groceries, getting in and out with babies easily, etc....something to think about!

Our Honda Accord was a great car, but even that was a bit tight with two. I had a hard time making it home from Costco! :)

Kara said...

I love our sUBARU OUTBACK. It's all wheel drive, so really good in the snow, it gets good gas mileage (something I hate about my SUV), and there is tons of space in the back for strollers, groceries, etc. There are plenty of other cars I would love (like people keep mentioning the volvo or the Audi) but I can't afford them.

Hope you find something that works for your family. If cost is really an issue, I would do the safest thing and go ahead and get a mini van! They are cheap and practical...sorry to even have to mention it!

Nancy said...

Remember how when we were hanging out my husband just called me to tell me he'd bought a new car, ya he's crazy like that. But, I love, love our chrysler pacifica. Lots of room for us and carpooling, and drives very nicely. Trav is looking at Passats too, only for himself this time!

Robyn said...

My opinion, since you asked, is to go big! Meaning lots of seats. I drive a Trailblazer and since car seats are so enormously wide these days, I can barely fit 2 back there, let alone a passenger! Come one, just break down and get the minivan that will last for years!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I know how much you miss driving the Dewalt truck - so why don't you see if Dewalt is selling any of its used yellow trucks, that would be perfect! You know that I drive the Dodge now, right? Big trucks are the only way to go!