Sunday, February 25, 2007

We're going. . .


to SPAIN!!! Doug served his Mission in Madrid and has been dying to take me there. I am so excited!! We have been debating for the past month and finally bought our tickets. Doug's wonderful parents are going to watch Jaden while we're gone. I still can't believe we are going, it doesn't seem real. I work twice a week at CPK, but have been picking up extra shifts to help pay for the trip. It's fun to watch our Spain jar grow and it gives me the motivation to work those extra nights. The jar was my Christmas gift to Doug for a new bike, but as you can see, his priorities have shifted- Gracias Doug!!! Te amo!!

20 comments:

nena said...

have fun!! that would be a cool place to go.

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marci said...

A big trip with no kids... HOW EXCITING!

Annie said...

Que alegro! What a fun trip. Nothing like going back to CPK. :) It'll be worth it though.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!

Leah said...

So excited for you!

Saunders Family said...

Wow Spain, when do you go. That will be so fun for you guys.

Kara said...

Yeah! I'm so excited that you guys get to do this. Take notes for me so you can tell us all the good places to go!

The Giles said...

How exciting. I need to start a little jar for a trip fund. But, being students any extra money I make should probably go to a "paying for rent fund"

Robyn said...

Nice! How fun! I want to go there someday too! Jaden is at the perfect age to leave him and know that he'll be in good hands. Have fun!!! How fun that you work at CPK! I love that place. I used to get the huge sundae after my hostess shifts. Yum!

Katie said...

I'm so excited for you guys. How long are you going? I'm so jealous! You will have so much fun.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I need to get a jar so we can travel. Yeah!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to go to Spain! Is Doug so excited to use his ceta/ theta (sp?) again?! When will we be starting Heather's fund to visit you in CO?!

Shauna Brown said...

We are going from April 23- May 4!

Nancy said...

So fun, I'm very jealous. My parents were mission presidents in Spain for three years, and I never even made it over there. You'll have so much fun.!

hillary nicole said...

tengo celos= i am jealous!! i am so gonna travel the world when i am married. don't be surprised if my dad wants to stow away with you once he finds out you guys are going!

courtneyb said...

well, I finally looked at Lisa Moorehead's list of links and clicked on yours. What up girl! Your son is adorable! And you are tiny. Want to let you know, when you make it to spain, you have a free place to stay in Florence.

courtneyb said...

Don't let the blog fool you, I only post the good pictures and fun things we do, but I'm glad I appear to be a good mom. We are here for 2 years, Ryan is studying at The Florence Academy of Art. I don't think you should take the train, check out these sites www.ryanair.com and www.easyjet.com
it is so much cheaper to fly throughout Europe. But if you fly to ROme it is about and hour and a half train ride to Florence. I would love for you to stay here if you had time to come to Italy, you are more than welcome, we have an extra room. I'll repost our apartment pictures for you.
I had no clue your dad served in Italy, I'm sure everything is exactly the same as it was back then. I could use his help teaching the kids cause they ain't gettin nothin from me. You can e-mail me courtalonious@hotmail.com

Lisa Michelle said...

Wow - you've got a whole city posting comments on this one! :) That is so awesome about your trip - you'll have such a wonderful time!! I want to come!!

Chris said...

That will be awesome for you. I remember the stories of Doug and his mission reunions. We just got your package and hope it didn't put a dent in that trip jar. Kate already has the yellow outfit on. She said to tell Jaden to have cute friends and they will hook each other up.