Sunday, June 17, 2007

2 things I love: Summer and Dads!

Thank goodness it is finally summer here! I mean, really summer, where days are spent in the water and nights are spent outside in the cool air. I'm loving it right now!

Swimming at our community pool- Jaden is a fish, no really, I think he has gills!



He LOVES edamame- real normal for a 1 year old. He won't eat pizza, but he'll eat soy beans!

Friday night we went to a new outdoor mall called Southlands. It was so much fun. Jaden LOVED running through the fountain. It was hilarious because there was a crowd cheering him on- too funny! QUESTION!!! I'm trying to upload video off of You Tube and it's not working. Any suggestions??
Jaden got soaked on his last run!

Saying "Bye" to the fountains.
Today has been a great Father's Day! Not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty proud of myself. I made my first iDVD for Doug for Father's Day. Thanks to Joe, he helped me conquer my Mac problems and make the DVD. It took awhile but it actually plays in the DVD player and Doug loves it! I'm really beginning to love this Mac! For Young Women's (church youth group) we made Father's Day ties for all the Dads to wear to church. Doug wore his proudly!

A friend at church gave us a Lost calendar and this is how I found it on Doug's nightstand. I'll let him keep it like that since it is Father's Day. Doug tries to tell me I look like Kate- yeah right. We have 2 similarities- dark hair and we're girls. Don't think it's going to be December in this house all year (that's Jack's month).


Happy Father's Day to the best Dads and Grandpas ever!!







16 comments:

hillary nicole said...

HI! I am with Grammy and Papa right now and they love looking at all your pictures! Can't wait to see you in July.

Anonymous said...

Doug looks great in his green shirt-slim fit works for him. Fun pictures-I wish Jaden would never grow out of those blue pajamas. Why do these kids love edamamme, I mean seriously?! Glad you've had a happy Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

That tie that Doug had on is the cutest thing!!! What a fun idea!

Monica said...

They are defintely great dads and grandpas!!! We totally wish that we could have been with you guys today! I made Joel a Father's Day dinner even though he isn't a dad yet. Someday....

abbyandcompany said...

I'm rolling right now for 3 reasons:
1. Daniel came home today with a paper tie that had stickers all over it. Doug gets a real one. Our ward must have limited funds.
2. The calendar. Seriously. Funny.
3. I love stopping by your blog to catch up on a quiet Sunday and getting woken up to Bootylicious. I think I hear Kenneth Cope crying in the corner.

Annie said...

I love the music on the blog! How fun. Also, the new photo/layout is great!!! Look at you pro-blogger. :)

BTW, my kids are obsessed with edamame. The big bag from Costco is the best. Jaden is too cute and don't worry, you're definitely allowed to toot your own horn. Nice work.

Cara said...

Cute pics of J-Dog!!! Love the tie!!! See you haggles soon!!!!

Annie said...

I love Jaden's mohawk! your music playlist is great...I had forgotten about bootylicous and Ice Cream I'm totally adding those beats to my playlist! Doug's tie is classic. Don't worry, Joe has another Silver Beaver story from camp!!

Clair said...

TOo funny about the Lost calendar! Oh, and Rocco is obsessed with edamame, too. I have to get it almost every time we go to to Costco...in bulk! :)

Robyn said...

What cute pictures. Nice pool too! Why don't we have resort-like pools like that down here? It looks so beautiful where you live.
Oh, Dave and I want to stop by and see you when you are here! Can't wait!

Kara said...

Yeah for summer! That calendar thing is classic. Jaden looks so grown up, what a little man!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to go to the pool with Mr. Fish...remember when he talked to me on the phone and said fish but it was more like..'ish.' So cute!

Likely said...

love the tie, love the new banner and love the playlist!

I need to make all three of those!

also love that Jaden loves edamame! max needs to try some!

familia Bybaran said...

First of all, I love the new look of the blog. So cute. I love the family pics. Especially the top one with you with huge hair and a double chin. Hilarious. I also love the lost calendar. May it be December all year round. What month is Desmond? I love him.

Anonymous said...

What a cute post about your dad and Doug. I love the new look of your blog too. How do you do that with a photo. I want to try it. I can't wait to come to Colorado.

devonasaurus rex said...

i'm jealous. i want kate on my bedstand. sexyback is playing on your player right now. i'm hooked. next time you see me, i'll be rocking out to jt!